The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Trading in games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mick, 14 Nov 2012.

1. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Where do people trade in there games? Ive just taken a load upto the local Asda and got £101 for them which I thought was quite good as most of them were quite old.

Only downside with Asda is that you have to spend what credit you get in Asda as they put the credit on a giftcard.

2. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I sell mine on Amazon you get a lot more than eBay . Never trade games at a shop, they give you nowt

3. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I'm lazy so I give them to Ace to sell for me :D

4. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I never trade in any games, I'm a hoarder :D I've sold a couple of games on ebay but that was a while back with games that didn't offer trophy support.

I did think of trading games in at Game Station once but the price they offered was pathetic, so I never bothered. I'd probably opt for ebay, altough I'm not into how much fees they take followed by Paypal who also take a cut. Hence my disposition towards hoarding.

5. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I don't trade games either, Although I was looking at getting shot of MOHW.

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    I used to sell games on eBay and usually got a good price for them. More recently games have been traded at Computer Exchange (CeX) mainly because of the convenience of it, plus we've then picked up some pre-owned games with the credit we've earned.

7. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    It depends as a rule I sell on amazon I've sold 1000+ items DVD's games etc you pay a lot of fees but you get more than anywhere else otherwise I shop around I'm lucky to have a few places within a couple of miles that trade games in ,you don't get as much as you used to now unless it's a latest release or a rare game ,sometimes shops like game have trade offers they had one recently and they we're giving an extra £10 for every 3 game's so I took a lot of games and got £660 trade in value ,before I trade in now I check the price with red laser to see how much I would get selling it then see what I would get trading in by ringing a couple of local shops

8. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I usually sell my games on ebay and load up my paypal account with the money earned, which I then spend at shopto.net on new games (as they accept paypal).

Though i'm buying and selling far fewer games these days, 2 games bought so far this year I think...but may give Amazon a try.