• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Tomb Raider help

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Greetings all, I now present Mrs Bloodfairy....

I am need of some help in the Geothermal Caverns at the 'last gate', below is what is surposed to happen however I do not have rope arrows ( these items are meant to be infinate ) Does anyone know if there is a glitch in the game?
I really dont want to have to start again :(

THE LAST GATE

Climb up to the final part and ignite the gas plume to kill a few of the cultists near the altar. Lara will have to seek out and kill the remainder herself. To get out of the altar room, she needs to wrench off the gas valve near the gate.

Stand back and use a rope arrow on the weighted contraption. Switch to the fire arrow and when the weight swings over the gas tap, detonate the plume to break the door down.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Bloodfairy are you sure you don't have any rope arrows? It's an alternate fire mode to use those (can't remember the keys offhand).

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yip 100% I even resorted to buttom mashing out of frustration. I have just read that this may actually be a big turd in the game as I am not the only one to have struck this. BALL SACK!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yip 100% I even resorted to buttom mashing out of frustration. I have just read that this may actually be a big turd in the game as I am not the only one to have struck this. BALL SACK!
At what stage in the game are you? I found this:

Lara's third capture by the Solarii cult results in her equipment being reduced to the bow for just this duration of the game (once she rescues her friends, she'll have her normal gear back again). To complete the Firestarter challenge the first time around, you need at least six arrows (assuming you don't miss), so keep that in mind and don't shoot enemies unless you need to.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a vague recollection that I got stuck in similar section, there was a bit of the map that was supposed to open up after an explosion and it didnt, I had to reload and re-do it, assuming my memory is correct, about 6.26 in martoks video, that is the passage that didnt open 1st time round.

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yip that's the one @Martok, where she shoots the rope arrow at the wood thingy... bloody missing rope arrows
Thanks heaps guys will try again tonight when I get home.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yip that's the one @Martok, where she shoots the rope arrow at the wood thingy... bloody missing rope arrows
Thanks heaps guys will try again tonight when I get home.
After preparing dinner, doing the dishes and walking muttly right?

Love you :greeting:

Saints96

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
fantastic game this, really enjoyed playing through this game. Never experienced any issues like you guys have though.