Multi Tom Clancy's The Division

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It seems that the PS4 version of The Division is pretty comparable to the PC version graphically (with a few improvements on the latter with high end cards and settings). On the whole though there's not a great deal of difference between them. On the other hand, the XBox One version of the game does have to downgrade the visuals on the fly using dynamic resolution tech. This means that it's not always running at 1080p.

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The only two issues I had between the two console versions, which had nothing to do with the game itself, which looked and played practically identically were that the XB1 Elite controller is superb and playing the same game with a 2 year old very used PS4 controller isn't as easy and the fact that the 'black' parts of the game were so dense I had trouble seeing anything in them from a distance which I never encountered on the XB1 version.

This could be down to many factors I'm sure (my in game settings were exactly the same on both versions), but I noticed it straight away on the initial menu screen. It could be the HDMI cable with my PS4 isn't as good as the one supplied with my XB1, eminently possible as the USB charge cable is much cheaper/worse and the earbud was a downright insult from a major electronics company. Or it may have something to do with my console settings although whenever I changed them it seemed to make no difference. So if anyone has any help or ideas on this please let me know.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The only two issues I had between the two console versions, which had nothing to do with the game itself, which looked and played practically identically were that the XB1 Elite controller is superb and playing the same game with a 2 year old very used PS4 controller isn't as easy and the fact that the 'black' parts of the game were so dense I had trouble seeing anything in them from a distance which I never encountered on the XB1 version.

This could be down to many factors I'm sure (my in game settings were exactly the same on both versions), but I noticed it straight away on the initial menu screen. It could be the HDMI cable with my PS4 isn't as good as the one supplied with my XB1, eminently possible as the USB charge cable is much cheaper/worse and the earbud was a downright insult from a major electronics company. Or it may have something to do with my console settings although whenever I changed them it seemed to make no difference. So if anyone has any help or ideas on this please let me know.

HDMI is a digital signal, the quality of the cable makes no difference to the signal being carried, it's either on or off. The cable quality will determine how well it wears.

In terms of the darkness, that would likely be because the PS4 has more graphical effects turned on, similarly if you watch the video posted above you'll see the PC version is darker in shadows in some parts because the graphical effects allow for more realistic detailing.

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have also ordred the gold edition from amazon prime, thats how I got my beta code. Though after playing I will be keeping the pre order.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Division fan Miodec has created a skill calculator that lets you learn about every talent and skill that was revealed in the beta. He has stated that he currently doesn't have his hands on all the data so there may be some skills that are subject to change at the time of launch.

Solo-nite

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the division via PSN Store is there anything good with the gold edition that would be worth ordering the physical copy.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Gold Edition via SNR Amazon link bought. my previous pre-order from way back in the midst of time cancelled - plus its beta access key never worked...

Solo-nite

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The Gold Edition includes the season pass.

I'd suggest you pick up a physical copy of the Gold Edition from Amazon. At £59.99 it's only £5 more than the Standard Edition on PSN and it's £20 cheaper than the Gold Edition on PSN.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Gold Edition (PS4): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games
Yea that does look a better deal I was looking at the sleeper edition too.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Sleeper Agent Edition (PS4): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thats the one I've pre ordered