Multi Tom Clancy's The Division

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Shown at the Ubisoft press conference. Looks awesome!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
And playing on a ps4 might I add ;)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not convinced. It looks like a drastic move from the typical first/third person shooter games that the Tom Clancey games normally follow...and with some amazing ones at that.

Looks to be a press one button to auto-aim and another to fire...which is fine, just a little unexpected from a Tom Clancey game.

It's certainly not high on my radar for me due to the apparent control system.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Ordered it first thing and can't wait similar to Ghost Recon with a mix of watchdog. Just need release dates and now.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm quite excited by this one. Love the look of it, love the background, love the HUD, love the abilities that we've seen so far and how it works.

Seems that it's open world but potentially limited to squads of 4. As you can see at 6:50 onwards as the map pans out. The rings around the rest of the city correspond to other groups of players with the circular groups consisting of up to 8 dots split 4 red 4 blue and various combinations in between.

I've also now watched the E3 video a good many times trying to discern if we're watching a very good player or if there is some form of autolock/target tracking. Even if there is I suspect that it'll be able to be disabled. In an effort to address Col's concerns I've chucked a tweet at the dev team after Ubisoft suggested I follow them; let's hope we get a response.

For me this is a no brainer and if I'm honest I'm more excited about this than I am about BF4.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Honestly I think I was just wrong. Now that i've watched it back at home in HD it doesn't look at all like auto-locking.

Even if it was it wouldn't really mean it's a bad game, Tom Clancey games may not always be the best games available, but they're always certainly up there as solid shooters.

Looks great I must admit.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Have to agree with Halo, I'm more excited by this than BF4, There's not enought third person shooters.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
It gave me an erection well it was either that or the thought of no DRM :D

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Lol @ JK. I waa really impressed by the in game footage of this one. Will be keeping a close eye on

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That looks really good.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Doooooh ,
Looks a bit complicated for me anyway.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My laptop is goosed & I can't view any vids at werk so haven't seen ANY of the games promos so far this E3.
If this plays similar to R6V2 though, I'm sold.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Finally caught up with the video recently. What really impresses me is the use of additional "surfaces" to control drones - ie mobile, tablet, etc - so you can jump in at any time, even if you're not in front of the console. Thinking it through, yet another ideal tie-in for PS4 & Vita...

LesTom1

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Finally caught up with the video recently. What really impresses me is the use of additional "surfaces" to control drones - ie mobile, tablet, etc - so you can jump in at any time, even if you're not in front of the console. Thinking it through, yet another ideal tie-in for PS4 & Vita...

This ^ is certainly a very interesting facet of the game for me. I wasn't initially that interested, but, after watching a few more videos of it, it's shot up my wanted list.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
There's currently a petition running (as the pc players normally do for every game that's console only) for this to come to pc, not sure if petition make any difference in this day and age but we will see.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The Division to launch towards the end of 2014

Eye-catching PlayStation 4 and Xbox One open-world game The Division will launch towards the end of 2014, Ubisoft has said.

The game's release window was narrowed by Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot during an investor call last night.

The Crew, a co-production between Ivory Tower and Ubisoft Reflections, is nearer release. Ubisoft expects it to launch during Q1 2014 - so, by April next year.
An unannounced franchise due out in the current financial year was delayed to the next financial year (April 2014 to 2015).

Meanwhile, Guillemot said he expects Watch Dogs, due out later this year, to shift just over 6.2 million copies. That figure is based on Ubisoft comparing Watch Dogs' post-E3 buzz to that of the first Assassin's Creed game, which sold 6.2 million.

Source: Eurogamer

Gutted, I was hoping for this much sooner. :(

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
How have I only just seen this game - It look amazing!!!