The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

To do... v2

Discussion in 'Website News & Support' started by HaloJ, 27 Mar 2013.

1. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    • remove hover state in signatures
    • attachments in post require asthetic tweaks
    • Change up smilies in chat?
    • Make post content to have a minimum height that matches the user profile height
    • make the edit, report, like and reply links into buttons
    • increase contrast on "promote thread", "new thread" buttons
    • add gold border to avatar under profile drop down as per rest of site
    • increase font size of thread details under thread title
    • drop shadow entire content to pull it away from background
    • make thread tools, watch/unwatch thread into buttons
    • create faint logo sunburst for portal topic titles/forum group titles
    • fix annoying "text wobble" when hovering on submenus
    • discover why posts have font size discrepancies when viewing on a tablet
    • create chat page for ease of use on mobile devices

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    High five ;)

zoob likes this.
  3. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Chat page would be a winner for games like Far Cry 3 where the comms are poor.

4. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Ok, I'll speak to Andy about pulling that up the priorities list.

We've just discovered that the latest version of the forum software was released a day or so after going live so we've got to do a test upgrade on the dev site and then upgrade this one before doing anything else.

zoob likes this.
  5. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Nice one. Could be a potential pull for the site too - for those that don't want to log in (& face the world) to other options like MSN, Facebook, IRC et all.

6. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    my computer does not seem to dispense coffee or doughnuts, can you fix that, i`m hungry

7. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Theres always the PS3 chatroom function as well, its not always practical to use a PC while sat in the living room.

8. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I suspect that the chat page is more for use on mobiles etc. I personally find the PS version intrusive as you can't just glance at it due to the woeful slow response of the XMB.

9. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Yeah there is that I suppose, these companies should make sure the comms work in there games before they release them.

I was really looking forward to FC3 after the fun that was had with the map editor and everyone playing everyone elses maps on FC2. This lack of working comms has all but killed the game.

10. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Exactly! I've been using the chatroom but it does take a minute & if you can't pause in-game then are asking for a potential chibbing...

11. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Any chance we can stick a fix to RSS feeds on the list please? I've discovered just how bad it is to actually use forums properly, finding posts that you've already read is a royal pain in the arse even with our sensible forum structure...not helped by the poor website performance but I was about ready to give up trying to find two posts yesterday (defiance post by shroud and the free to play game that martok posted about).

12. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Have you not tried the search feature?

I've just found both of the posts you referred to easily using this:

Searching for "free" with post by member set to "Martok" showed the relevant thread at the top of the search.
    Searching for "defiance" with post by member set to "Shroud" showed the relevant thread as the only result.

Remember when searching, search this forum only is ticked by default if you are within a forum when starting the search. You'll need to untick it to search all forums. The search will automatically search all forums if you're starting the search from the forum main page.

Current performance issues are down to the web host, not the site itself and we're currently trying to get this resolved. As for RSS, that's on the list but as discussed there are things that need implementing before installing the plugin.

13. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Yes I used the search feature....this is something I don't think should be necessary unless you are on a busy forum that has hundreds of new posts each day and I consider it a last resort (although current speed issues are making it a viable option).

Anyway, I've found that bookmarking "Recent Threads" is a far better way of utilising the forums for me, What's New simply doesn't cut it for the way I use forums, which is why i've felt so lost without RSS.

Is there options to make the Recent Threads available as an option alongside What's New ?

14. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    It is necessary on all forums, no matter the size. There's always times when we can't find posts and threads.

No option for this. If there's a demand from forum users then we'll look into it when we have time (though there are other pressing issues we need to deal with at the moment). For now, you can click in Search... and access the Recent Threads link from the Useful Searches dropdown as shown in Searching the forums.

#14 Martok, 2 Apr 2013
    Last edited: 2 Oct 2013
  15. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    For me, when you can't find something is the only time I ever use a search feature...or on MASSIVE forums where it's the only way to find something specific because a post an hour ago is 4 pages back kind of scenario. This is because of how badly search functions work on forums and the speed to make a search compared to going straight to where you know the post to be, hence my dislike of using the search function, but yes there always needs to be one, but they are rarely well used.

That's fair enough, if it was a simple tweak I would have asked if it could be added, but since it's not i'll wait for the RSS feeds to get fixed and in the meantime use the Recent Threads as my SNR bookmark as that's quite usable.

#15 ColSonders, 2 Apr 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: 2 Oct 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice