Thu 27 Sep 8.30pm - Battlefield 3 Thursday

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Another regular Thursday on Battlefield 3.

Map rotation will be set to standard + Karkand maps as usual so that all players can join. Game modes to be decided.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All very quiet in here, too shy to post?

I'll be dragging myself away from Pandora this Thursday for some scheduled Battlefield action. I believe the order of play was to be Rush as requested by Ace. If it's squad or not will depend upon numbers.

Abs

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Should be on unless my partner puts her foot down :-\

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My battlefield connection has been Ok this. shall give it a go

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm hoping to be online for this. We've (finally) got a date for when we can move house, so there has been sporadic packing going on recently!

Buckaroo

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Will try to make this. Finally bought what I hope is a good headset, can now retire the socom wired ps2 comms. Had a quick go on there today but my aim :0

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Buckaroo said:
Will try to make this. Finally bought what I hope is a good headset, can now retire the socom wired ps2 comms. Had a quick go on there today but my aim :0
:1thumbup:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Buckaroo said:
Once you get a few gun mods you will be well underway ;)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes use the scope and grip as soon as theyre unlocked.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
After being away from this game for a couple of weeks I'm glad I played. Not a bad night although I have a Feeling some won't agree. Shame about the numbers :-\ stupid server let us down again

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The guys on our team all enjoyed it. some very good games.

That last rush map when we were a man down was hard though, and then you guys made it impossible by bringing in the indestructable vehicle and sitting it on the objective. There was literally nothing we could do about that with only three players.

Other than that a pretty good night....AND another lag free night for me, the fact that I struggled to kill people was totally not being used to the recoil on the guns I was using.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Started off with the server setup as Squad Rush (sorry my idea) then the server got full 4v4 so it was reset to the Dice Rush only mode but then with Ace gone and Rush being his request and for some dumb reason the server limit remaining at 8 we jumped ship, reset and carried on with low numbers on our standard2 setup.

That last Rush game it's hard not to use vehicles on the first phase of the attack and the first thing I was killed by was the defending teams Tungsta whilst on foot which was why I hot hooted it in the the APC after that. Sorry about it being indestructible, I was repairing like hell chasing repair ribbons.

Hindsite we should have left it as Squad Rush and just booted the other players to get folks in.

All in all a great evening of holding onto my dogtags but for some reason my Siren phaselock wasn't working.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry I never made it in the end. Don't you hate unexpected guests!!

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
DrewePeacock said:
HaloJ said:
All in all a great evening of holding onto my dogtags
Not all evening though... :evil:
Quite true, ya bastard. :P I did catch you a few times trying to sneak up on me though. :1thumbup:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Moment of the night for me was earlier on in the game on Damevand Peak.

I bailed from my Helo at Alpha and got shot in the back, Droopy then proceeded to repair my smoking Helo and jump in it just as I was respawning on Halo....who I was sure was gonna hit it with an RPG just as he tried to take off, but for some reason didn't.

It was a true Braveheart moment when I spawned, got the RPG out and held true until Droopy got the helo under control and then BOOM! Right in the mummy daddy button.

Oh how we laughed.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I only had a GL with smoke grenades at the time which surprised the hell out of me when I donked one on a helis nose only for it not to go boom. I ran at the heli to try and shoot the person repairing it but they jumped in as I got there and took off. I followed it's progress then Col appeared with a magic missile and it vanished in shot. :clap:

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ColSonders said:
Oh how we laughed.
I can assure you that we did not all laugh... There was definitely swearing in my house! :lol:

Good game though! :1thumbup: