• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Thu 26 July 8.30pm BATTLEFIELD 3 Thursday

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hmmm, a good bunch of peeps on my friends list are playing BF3 multiplayer. My screen keeps freezing up whenever I select an online feature of the game. Tried restarting the game and rebooting my system. I hope this shit is sorted tomorrow damned.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
that makes two of us although im currently burning through Uncharted 3 whoring trophies :)

If i cant play BF3 tomorrow someones gonna get a :rant:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It was the same for me, guys. Halo on the other hand managed twice to get into a BF3 game.

It looks like it was the store being on maintenance that caused BF3 to fail for us when it checked the store when selecting an online feature. Hopefully all will be working again tomorrow.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got on around half eight and had a jolly good time.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Acegadgets said:
Ya lying Geordie bastard. :mrgreen:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Acegadgets said:
I managed to get on about half nine and also had a jolly good time.

There didn't seem to be many people on though so our server was a bit quiet, still good fun though, especially nosehair canals, the other team were absolutely determined to get my helicopter out of the air! :lol:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ColSonders said:
the other team were absolutely determined to get my helicopter out of the air! :lol:
That's just the norm with you, if i was there you would have been downed ;)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was downed eventually, but i'd taken out a few heli's before they managed it. Then every time I got back in a heli Halo would put a rocket up my ass!

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Noishair and Sharqi were most certainly the best two matches last night. I was spitting RPGs at Col's heli's both rounds. Got him a couple of times but he filled me full of bullet love more times than not.

An amusing thing to note was my side saying "wtf how is Col 1 hit killing our chopper with his". Until I kindly explained that you weren't firing stingers but guided missiles using laser targetting. :1thumbup: Wonderful combination and the first time I've seen it in action.

The end of the evening was a slow drag 3 vs 4 on TDM but the banter was good being in the squad with two 'Pudlians from OAP. :waving:

We've checked this morning and Battlefield should now be working for all. The server is also already setup for tonight. Shoot you later!

Abs

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
Noishair and Sharqi were most certainly the best two matches last night.
No Surprises that I really enjoyed both of those maps, even managed to work towards some weapon unlocks too.

HaloJ said:
I was spitting RPGs at Col's heli's both rounds. Got him a couple of times but he filled me full of bullet love more times than not.
Quote of the night from both Shadstah and myself "Shit that was close" as we hear an RPG whizzing past our little helicopter. I dunno about shooting you, but I chased you down for your tags, I just heard the Benny Hill music in my head as you were running after someone else for their tags...you did however give up and shoot...I didn't :evil:

HaloJ said:
An amusing thing to note was my side saying "wtf how is Col 1 hit killing our chopper with his". Until I kindly explained that you weren't firing stingers but guided missiles using laser targetting. :1thumbup: Wonderful combination and the first time I've seen it in action.
Yup it's a powerful combination, although it's more likely to miss than the heat seekers but it's effectively like a javelin, a one hit kill when it does connect. When your pilots were getting the initiative though they were firing off their heat seekers and then waiting for the reload...if they'd gone for the kill more and switched to main guns I wouldn't have lasted half as long.

HaloJ said:
The end of the evening was a slow drag 3 vs 4 on TDM but the banter was good being in the squad with two 'Pudlians from OAP. :waving:
Apologies on that one, I lost connection and just figured i'd call it a night.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the games earlier. I had to leave early for work and also switched my PS3 off during one game as the fan sounded like a jet plane but worked ok afterwards.:?