Thu 26 July 8.30pm BATTLEFIELD 3 Thursday

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is the start of what I hope will be a regular event each week on our BF3 server.

Set-up for this event will be standard maps (including Karkland) which is our usual set-up.

As usual, Allies are also welcome to join us.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I should be able to make it.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Should be able to make this, at work late Friday.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be on earlier as usual.
A thought occured to me.
Could we put a list of what maps / formats we play on our server on the front page blog. I think Martok mentioned that we will have 2 differernt rotations , changed alternate weeks with a close quarters rotation on Fridays. Perhaps a message on our BF3 server saying " New rotations each week, Visit our website for more details"
I think there would be a few people that will play on our server, hear us chatting and come to see what we are about . A front page blog list , might attract them into the forum.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bad news guys :(

Eurogamer said:
PlayStation Network will be offline Thursday evening for scheduled maintenance, Sony has announced.

It will be down from 4pm UK time Thursday 26th July to 8am Friday 27th July.

The PlayStation Store on PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PS Vita will be offline, as will PSN Account Management and Account Registration.

Sony said you may be able to play online during the maintenance if you sign into PSN before the start of the maintenance window. But the PS Store, PSN Account Management and Account Registration will be offline even if you're signed in.

During the maintenance you can collect in-game trophies, which will be updated on your profile once PSN is up and running again on Friday morning.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd rather not post the maps and rotations on our front page. They took quite some time to put together (getting the balance of maps right, the modes used for each etc) and I don't want to make it easy for others to just copy what we've done and put that on their servers. OK, they can visit the server and look at the map rotation on a particular day but they'll have to make the effort to do that and check it each time we have a change of map rotation.

Also advertising the map rotations is a mixed blessing. It could attract some folk when they see the mix we play. Similarly it could put some people off, particularly the one-trick-pony type that only likes conquest (until they actually try mixed modes and find they are quite good).

@Slaine - I saw the network maintenance notice after I posted the event. However I've found the last few times they have had this that we've still been able to get online and play. I'm hoping it'll be the same this time. :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
You need to be logged into psn before it goes down, sometimes it still up.

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be there :1thumbup:
But if i may make a suggestion, can you keep Metro, tehran and damavand for rush as they are more suited to that mode ;)
i'm sure Col will concur

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The setup that is on there now is the one that Col came up with. Rest assured though it was well considered, with everyone's medals, assignments and ribbons also taken to mind as well.

Personally I don't like Metro on rush due to the initial sniper field and Tehran I'd happily see it omitted from the rotations all together. I understand Metro can end up on lock down but so can many of the maps in the game and I hope with a no spawn camping policy it'd be a good one to play.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
If I can connect to psn I will be on, if not I will be playing and trying to finish Uncharted 3 :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
roger947 said:
I'll be there :1thumbup:
But if i may make a suggestion, can you keep Metro, tehran and damavand for rush as they are more suited to that mode ;)
i'm sure Col will concur

I pretty much like all maps on Rush, it's more of a challenge. Though on certain ones it can be an absolute kill fest, such as Damevand and Nosehair canals.

I would disagree with Tehran highway though, on Rush I feel it's as unbalanced as Sienne Crossing and a half decent defensive team can basically make it impossible for the attackers to get anywhere...I do personally like it, but it takes well balances teams to make a good match out of it.

I may have to request my wife switches my PS3 on before the maintenance to ensure I can get on!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Glad I read the thread. My Ps3 is now on. Unfortunetly i tend to get disconections around 6 pm

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Missed the train and doesn't look like I'm gonna get my ps3 on before 4pm now :(

shadstah

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
5:30pm, just signed in, looks like Sony talking more nonsense, so I'll be there :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
shadstah said:
5:30pm, just signed in, looks like Sony talking more nonsense, so I'll be there :)
Just logged in, works fine atm

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It no worky, it brokey!

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry guys but my eldest is home for the evening so i won't on.
I hardly get to see him since he started uni so i'm spending an evening gaming with him.

Sorry guys :(

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
No worries. I'm online but BF3 doesn't work. So no MP for us tonight.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Can't get on psn so finishing uncharted 3 :)