• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Thu 2 Oct 21:00] Destiny - Vault of Glass raid

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ and I haven't yet tried a raid and would like to do so with a bunch of Seniors. If you would like to have a go, please sign up below. Needless to say you'll need a level 26 or above character for this.

If we get more than 6 sign-ups but less than 12 then it's first come first served. Non-Seniors are welcome to sign up but priority will be given to Seniors if there's more than 6 sign-ups.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd love to, but I'm only level 21 at the moment.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm only half way through level 25 and doubt I'd have farmed anything with a higher light level by tomorrow as i'm playing GTA V with Zoob & co tonight. I haven't got enough spirit bloom and something else to upgrade my legendary helmet and not enough ascendant shards and something else I can't remember to upgrade my exotic chest armour either.
Otherwise I'd say yes. Weekend or next week I'd probably be able to.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I tried it by myself at level 25. Its definitely doable, depending on how good a player you are.

I didnt finish it, in case you were wondering. But I did get stack loads of kills.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Actually ignore me, just noticed that this is for next week and not tomorrow. I'm a maybe now then as it's dependant on my farming skills!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I tried it by myself at level 25. Its definitely doable, depending on how good a player you are.

I didnt finish it, in case you were wondering. But I did get stack loads of kills.

I went in solo at level 26 and was able to kill the level 26 stuff on the first stage to form the tower.

I went back with 5 other players 26-27 when I was level 28 and we struggled to hold those three points you have to hold....must have taken us well over half an hour.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Actually ignore me, just noticed that this is for next week and not tomorrow. I'm a maybe now then as it's dependant on my farming skills!
Actually it's this Thursday. ;)

I went in solo at level 26 and was able to kill the level 26 stuff on the first stage to form the tower.

I went back with 5 other players 26-27 when I was level 28 and we struggled to hold those three points you have to hold....must have taken us well over half an hour.
@HaloJ and I took a look at it over the weekend. As you say, the enemies are most definitely killable (though the shielded robots take a bit of work). The issue we had was that 2 of us couldn't hold 3 points, so a fireteam of 6 is definitely needed.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Actually it's this Thursday. ;)
So it is. Sorry, totally in a rage at work today so I've not been seeing things properly through the red mist. Maybe I'll manage to make it to rank 26 by then, but probably not. If it lets a 25.5 player in and you're short of players I'll give it a bash.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@HaloJ and I took a look at it over the weekend. As you say, the enemies are most definitely killable (though the shielded robots take a bit of work). The issue we had was that 2 of us couldn't hold 3 points, so a fireteam of 6 is definitely needed.
I suppose it's technically possible to get past that first segment with three players, one holding each area, but you'd be surprised at how long you have to hold them for before the door opens.

I hint for that section is that the big shielded robots are the only ones that can re-take the hold points from you, so concentrate on getting those killed first.....and have something able to take their shields down.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I suppose it's technically possible to get past that first segment with three players, one holding each area, but you'd be surprised at how long you have to hold them for before the door opens.

I hint for that section is that the big shielded robots are the only ones that can re-take the hold points from you, so concentrate on getting those killed first.....and have something able to take their shields down.
They were the main problem. They seem to respawn quite quickly, you only seemed to have the control point for a few seconds before they reappeared. Even with a weapon to take their shields down they still take quite a bit to kill - too much for one person unless they leave the control point to hide and recover between shots. That's why I think 6 people (2 per control point) are needed.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would love too but not any level yet and been unable to get to a shop to buy Destiny

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So it is. Sorry, totally in a rage at work today so I've not been seeing things properly through the red mist. Maybe I'll manage to make it to rank 26 by then, but probably not. If it lets a 25.5 player in and you're short of players I'll give it a bash.
I think that its more that the enemies are at least rank 26 than anything as I decided to start the raid to have a look while I was 25 but since you have no chance to even open it without multiple people I soon left after.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think that its more that the enemies are at least rank 26 than anything as I decided to start the raid to have a look while I was 25 but since you have no chance to even open it without multiple people I soon left after.
I'll never get to rank 26 by Thurs.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll never get to rank 26 by Thurs.
If you're about at about 07:30 each day this week (on nights till friday morning unfortunately) I'd be happy to help get you some replacement boots/arms to up your light level

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you're about at about 07:30 each day this week (on nights till friday morning unfortunately) I'd be happy to help get you some replacement boots/arms to up your light level
In the morning? Say what?! I have to be in work at 8:30 and try to stay in bed till as close to 8 as I can get! Otherwise I 'd take you up on your kind offer good Sir.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
At least by tonight I'll have all legendary armor fitted ready for Thursday just 1 vanguard mark away from the titan gauntlets

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am now level 26, should that paint I'm watching dry out I may be available on Thursday.

GusGorman

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Good luck it is rock hard. As Col says the first part is difficult as you need to communicate on when 'supers' are up to allow priority on the Praetorians. It took us 15-20 mins last night to open the door...the rest as they say was...very interesting...:)

We are going in again to kill The Templar...this time he will snuff it! :) We got him down to about 15% but there is an enrage timer which triggered bedlam...at least it will save your location so you can go in again during the week like Warcraft does. The reset is on Tuesdays as everything else.

Also, it is worth knowing that the centre circle is easier to defend than the left and right so put your strongest players left and right. You cannot defend them without 2 players on each...

Last edited:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am just a smidgen off level 26 after making @yinkin and Fish do patrols with me farming relic iron and spirit bloom. Don't think I will actually be level 26 for the raid though as I need about 6+ ascendant shards to finish off all my armour and helmet and never find any. Think my gauntlets and booties are fully upgraded too.

I'll be about though so if you need me to make a 6 send me an invite.

Attachments

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If your profile on bungie.net is up-to-date, you can upgrade one slot on your helmet using only glimmer, that is probably enough.
(Edit: Not sure if only glimmer going by my weak memory here, else just some resources as well and those can be gotten quickly anyways)

Also, boots & arms are only 65 marks, so relatively easy to get, although perhaps not by tonight (assuming you don't have any marks at the moment)

Ascended items (energy or shards) can take a bit of time, you can get them from strikes, raids, weekly mission (?), (daily) public event and probably crucible.
I think we got a chest early after entering the vault with 2 shards, so you could hop along and perhaps level on the way?