Thu 13 Sep 8:30pm - BF3 Dead Bodies Everywhere

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You'll never guess where the NaPL clan are from? :roll: Laggy Belgium. I can't really comment on the state of their lag but what do you propose we do? Split them each side? Kick them for nothing other than being hard to kill? Personally the games last night failed to ignite my mojo even though I stayed the duration. Some of the worst examples of fair play and spawn camping I've seen in a long while.

These are the matches were the two worst matches were I spent my time messaging and kicking the unfair players and spawn campers.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64295363/4/171880353/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64303758/4/171880353/

EDIT : being fair wasn't your issue with DADs partly caused by your router losing it's settings?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
EDIT : being fair wasn't your issue with DADs partly caused by your router losing it's settings?
Possibly, though everyone else said they were really laggy too and some were saying the servers in general that night were bad...when I left you lot that night to play in an open room though I suffered no lag out of the ordinary, so I don't think it was my router causing the issues, it just wasn't making things any better.

Last night was nothing to do with my router though, i've switched back to my old 54g Netgear, which may be an utter shit to set up correctly and have slow wifi and poor range wifi, but it works and it's stable.

I propose we kick them, the other option being we move to a server without laggy players, which kind of seems insane given it's a server that was rented for us to use.

edit* to be honest with the caliber of player we've had on our server both on AK-DLC launch night and last night i'm in two minds whether to even play the bloody game any more, if it's not unplayable through lag it's unbalanced and full of spawn campers, pretty shit advertising on our server.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have been unable to get into this game the last few times I have been on, the match vs dads I think there was 2 - 3 players which were laggy. Last night I only witnessed slight lag now and again. But the metro map was bloody pointless, spawn campers made the game unenjoyable. I stayed on till late with Vita and Drew got our ass kicked on TDM 2 v 3 lol was fun tho

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think we can kick every laggy player as we'd then end up being accused of unfair server management. :? A message saying "you are laggy, please fix your connection" doesn't go down well with the people I've sent it to although it has the desired effect. Most have then sent me abuse back and quit the server. ;)

I'm a bit knarked that I had to resort to two kick bans last night particularly as I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and a warning first.

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
I'm a bit knarked that I had to resort to two kick bans last night particularly as I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and a warning first.
Well i've seen your comments on battlelog and looked at the battle report, and i tell you now that they wouldn't even have had a warning from me.
your server banner clearly states "fair play and no spawn camping" and if the ****ers can't be bothered to read it or choose to ignore it, then **** em.
Ok, so you'll get a bit of abuse, but in the long run your server will benefit and you'll find that the same "fair" players will search out your server time and time again.

**** i hate spawn campers, no one ruins the game more than some dickhead pilot who continually hovers over your base.

Cocks the lot of them :x

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
roger947 said:
no one ruins the game more than some dickhead pilot who continually hovers over your base.
Yup, far better to take your littlebird through the tunnels on Damavand or circle around a capture point in it to capture it whilst getting rockets at you from every conceivable angle...

...until Halo finally connects just as you get a burst of fire in her face!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
roger947 said:
**** i hate spawn campers, no one ruins the game more than some dickhead pilot who continually hovers over your base.

Cocks the lot of them :x
Oops lol I did this little yesterday but in my defence the opposition had all the flags :)

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ColSonders said:
roger947 said:
no one ruins the game more than some dickhead pilot who continually hovers over your base.
Yup, far better to take your littlebird through the tunnels on Damavand or circle around a capture point in it to capture it whilst getting rockets at you from every conceivable angle...
You've played alongside me often enough Col to know that it's the one thing i can't stand :rant:

I can put up with the odd laggy player and even getting a good pasting, but spawn camp in my game, on my server, and your gone.
No if's, um's ah's or but's. spawn camp and your banned.

Hell, i've even kicked players from the other community for doing it.(though it didn't go down well ;) )

I don't give a rats arse who they are, do it and face the consequences

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
roger947 said:
ColSonders said:
roger947 said:
You've played alongside me often enough Col to know that it's the one thing i can't stand :rant:

I can put up with the odd laggy player and even getting a good pasting, but spawn camp in my game, on my server, and your gone.
No if's, um's ah's or but's. spawn camp and your banned.

Hell, i've even kicked players from the other community for doing it.(though it didn't go down well ;) )

I don't give a rats arse who they are, do it and face the consequences
I did that too back when I was over there, booted OAP's and got a load of abuse. Didn't give a crap, it says no spawn camping on the tin, just because it's your clan that has the server doesn't mean the rules don't apply to you.

My point though leads to the same conclusion, rather than spawn camp i'll mess about in a helicopter and have some "fun", leaving the other team able to try and make a comeback, which for them is more "fun" and if they manage it then I go back to trying to fight back, which is more "fun"...overall I'd rather just have a bit of fun. I still to this day don't understand what is enjoyable about sitting watching the other teams spawn when they have no way of getting out...you get no kills, you score no points, it takes no skill and it's certainly no fun.