• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Thu 13 Nov 20:00] Destiny - Vault of Glass

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi all

Join us for another go at the Vault of Glass raid (level 26) on Destiny. I've chosen Thursday so it will give people a couple of days to get the Weekly and Nightfall strikes done.

We will also try to achieve the 'Raiding Party' trophy, which is 'Complete a Raid with a full fireteam consisting of only your clan members.' So, if you're planning on joining us, make sure you have the SNR tag flying! :)

Event time is 8pm, and hopefully we will start by 8:15 - 8:30pm.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yey I should be on for this :D

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Finally managed to complete this weeks raid with my Warlock the other night but a couple weren't SNR members. Will be good to get the clan one done and get some more ascendent shards. Got some raid booties too and a sparrow that you can make explode. See what goodies I get this time :D

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was going to join you but was too slow as you already have 6 so have fun

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've never completed a raid, I'm very excited, want to try and get my 100 Vanguard marks so I will have 150 and enough for a Legendary gun to help with the raid.

I had 48 and 15 mins before I had to leave for work, finished a viper in 16 giving me 50 before tonight reset. I should be able to get 100 over the next two days and have enough for a legendary gun.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll stick my name in the hat, probably too late but if we get enough to have two groups then I'll be happy enough with that.

@DarthRaiden666 you'll need to be at least level 26....and even at 26 you're gonna be as good as dead weight.

I've been part of a party that were fairly well organised, mostly 27's and seemed experienced and they still struggled.....I had my level 29 Titan in and they specifically asked if I could do the relic sections because I should be able to output more damage with the relic.

If you're level 24 though, get running those level 24 strikes to get vanguard marks and buy yourself full legendary armour, that'll see you to level 28 if you can level it up (daily missions give you the ascendant shards for upgrading the armour)....the route from level 24 to 28/29 is actually some of the easiest levelling up on the game....my advice is try to be level 28/29 for your first strike.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll stick my name in the hat, probably too late but if we get enough to have two groups then I'll be happy enough with that.
That's quite likely to be honest.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If i'm about this week I'll happily run through some level 24 strikes with you to help out....my lowest level character is only just 26 now so we'll be well matched for strikes/dailies.

I don't get home from work till 1030pm most nights, but sure I'm game. Need Ascendant Shards to upgrade my armour (and helium filaments)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't get home from work till 1030pm most nights, but sure I'm game. Need Ascendant Shards to upgrade my armour (and helium filaments)
Yeah i'm generally not getting back from work until 7-8pm anyway so it's often 10pm before I get the chance to play anything.....at which point I usually remember that spazzing out with booze and netflix is an option

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
They are doing maintenance work at 4pm for approximately 4 hours. Hope it's back up in time for this.

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm working till 2000 tomorrow so I'm hoping it'll all be sorted by the time I get on.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll leave myself as a maybe for this, but I've done the raid already this week with my two higher level characters so I'm probably gonna skip it unless you're one short of a raid party....I'll try to level my 26 up to 27 in prep though.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have also done the raid but no harm in doing it again to help these slackers ;)