[Thu 13 Jun] Battlefield 3 Seniors vs The 55s

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dates only provisional at the moment, as Mark is due to confirm. Hes got 5 bodies so far, with the promise of many others.

What do you reckon Seniors? Fancy a game?

Have a nose here http://www.the55s.com/ at the guys we'll be playing.;)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Count me in. Don't think I have anything on then

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Any chance of making it an 8.30pm start? Or possibly a prompt 9pm start with a warm-up round prior to that? 8pm is a bit early and likely some of us won't make it for this time.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Its all provisional anyway. The 55s usually kick off their games at 10pm, so it might not fit with them. I thought if we pencil in a date & time people can put this date aside.

And yes, Im sure 9pm would be preferable to all concerned anyway.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Slaine any further details on this? Start time? Format of the match? Also where will this be played? Presumably a private server will be required.

Last edited:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@marke46320d @Martok @DrewePeacock @Plaxinator

Just thought I'd bump this with an update so far. Mark's got 6 bodies together last time he posted, and we've got 3. Early days I know, as I'd never usually commit to a game this far in advance, and I day say come next week we'll be seeing people coming out of the woodwork.

Anyway, noones got a private server anymore, so I'll probably add Mark to my friends list (if thats ok Mark) with a view to everyone joining me in-game with Mark and his buddies. I'm guessing we'll find an empty server somewhere, but as you know these never stay empty for long once a few bodies start piling in. So obviously the more we get together, the better, as this'll help keep out the riff-raff!!:lol:

Start times been amended to 9PM now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
How much is a server rental for a day? I'm not sure if i've got any money left on my PSN account, if I have I can do a server rental for us, will try to remember to check tonight.

Either way i'm up for some battlefield with new people, whether it's in a closed server match or just in an open server where we'll get flooded with randomers...if it's the latter we may as well not bother trying to do a match and just get together a dick about.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
How much is a server rental for a day? I'm not sure if i've got any money left on my PSN account, if I have I can do a server rental for us, will try to remember to check tonight.

Either way i'm up for some battlefield with new people, whether it's in a closed server match or just in an open server where we'll get flooded with randomers...if it's the latter we may as well not bother trying to do a match and just get together a dick about.
No idea about server rental for a day. However presumably most of us will have PayPal so could one of us buy it and the rest PayPal some money to them? Among a few of us I'm sure it'll be pennies. Just an idea. Don't know how receptive the 55s will be to this?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sure it's only a pound or two for a day or weekend server rental, so I was thinking more along the lines of if i've (or someone else) has a spare couple of quid left over from a £5 add on to their PSN account then it'd probably be worth throwing it at a server rental.

I'm pretty sure the last couple of times i've paid for things on PSN (which is very rare tbh) and i've not used a top up card it doesn't just take the exact amount out of your bank, you have to top up in £5 increments.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sure it's only a pound or two for a day or weekend server rental, so I was thinking more along the lines of if i've (or someone else) has a spare couple of quid left over from a £5 add on to their PSN account then it'd probably be worth throwing it at a server rental.

I'm pretty sure the last couple of times i've paid for things on PSN (which is very rare tbh) and i've not used a top up card it doesn't just take the exact amount out of your bank, you have to top up in £5 increments.
If you use a debit/credit card it takes £5. I have just checked my balance and I have £3.45 left. Quick Google brings this up;
http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield3/1/rent-a-server
Which looks like it's £1.49 for a day.
Therefore I don't mind being the one to buy the server. I'll do it a couple of hours before the match is due to start as I'm incompetent. So Col, do you mind being on standby in case I need talking through it? I'll add you as an administrator anyway, but you may need to tell me how!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't mind at all...though Martok may be a better stanby than I as he's done it before :D

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am off work next week , but as I am such a laggy furker and really rusty at the game, I wont be coming out of the woodwork to play this one.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am off work next week , but as I am such a laggy furker and really rusty at the game, I wont be coming out of the woodwork to play this one.
Oh, come on. You're only a detrimental laggy furker on GT5. On BF3 you just run in a stationary position. You can be the decoy. By the time they've all realised you're a trap - boom!

marke46320d

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm the 55's contact if you didn't know :)
Really looking forward to this.
I've posted in my initial thread to let you know we have 8 confirmed players up for it now.
Also a big thanks to you guys for going to the trouble of renting a server.
Hopefully make this a regular event as we have a few bf3 players in our clan and it's always good to play against another clan.
I'll warn you though. Go easy on us as this isn't our bread and butter game so none of us are that great at it lol

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wont be attending cause im utter shite at it.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Giv will be joing us for this too. :1thumbup:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Hope to make this event

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All signed up. What gives on the server rental?