Thu 12 July 8.30pm BURNOUT SNR v HoPE

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Our first official Clan Match!

HoPE Gaming have challenged us to an evening on Burnout Paradise. The format will be decided nearer the time or on the night, or it could just end up being a fun evening behind the wheel of a car with some ladies. Wahay!

If you're up for this, sign up below.

Definites
Martok or Halo (we've only got one copy)
Spruijt
Slaine
Acegadgets
Ralph1982
Alien_Chick
Dogstar

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Either Halo or I will attend as we've only got one copy.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I'm definitely game :D

@Martok: You do know you can download the full game from PSN?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Count me in!!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Spruijt said:
@Martok: You do know you can download the full game from PSN?
Yes but we have the disc version and have a few other expenses at the moment so don't want to buy the PSN version.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
i ill be on for a short time earlier if any one else fancies familiarising yourself with paradise before kick off, join me in game. will try to stay up a bit later.

Ralph1982

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
I am game!!! Has been way too long since i played this game!! All i can remember is getting taken down over and over again by Ace, Phil en Spruijt!!! Even showed Spruijt a very nice image on the cam, when i couldn't handle it anymore!! :lol:

Alien_Chick

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll play, I LOVE THIS GAME :)

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Me. Me. Pick me. :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I think we have to create 2 rooms by the looks of things :1thumbup:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
TONIGHTS the NIGHT, get your Burnout loaded up .
I will be on by the time you read this along with Ralph. Going to try to remember how to set a room up and how to do what we used to do every night.

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks much for the games peeps, unfortunately the gremlins were out to get us tonight and those of us from HoPE had lots of issues with connections and voice chat but was really good fun nonetheless. I spent half the time not able to hear anyone at all, annoying! :crazy:

Always forget how bloody good Burnout is, until I play it, which isnt often enough. Am now saying that I will play it again soon but it probs wont come out until we have another game against yourselves or someone else, so many games so little time :D

A special thanks to Halo, we had a good drive and gossip after the rest of you lightweights went off to bed :lol:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Im an old man now!!! :grandpa: My thanks to Hope for the games too. God I was out of shape, which is ironic really as Im out of shape in real life too.

Hope to have some more games soon. How about something shooty/explosivey? Something without Mozart and Tchaikovsky blaring my TV this time. :lol: :D

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm with Jenxy about forgetting just how good Burnout is. I was surprised to find I still had the fastest times on some roads although Spruijt managed to scape a couple of milliseconds and stole Newman drive. Great to have a good chin wag once everyone had left, world put to rights and great ideas shared. It was indeed annoying that the gremlins were out to get us forcing a number of room recreations. Great games all, thanks.

Abs

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Great game last night indeed. Good to see some familiar and new faces.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Right, Down to business, Did we win?

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Spruijt won always but then he knew where he was going whilst everyone else was guessing. :D

I forgot to say earlier in reply to Slaine that I'd preloaded the PS3 with a load of music and a playlist ready for the evening. Music was brought to me buy Clutch, Karma to Burn, Truckfighters and Rotor. ROCK! \m/

I did attempt to flash my boobs at Slaine when he took me out but I tripped over the foot stool as I was pulling my top over my head so I think he got a shot of a pink blur stumbling towards the camera. :oops:

Attachments

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
I did attempt to flash my boobs at Slaine when he took me out but I tripped over the foot stool as I was pulling my top over my head so I think he got a shot of a pink blur stumbling towards the camera. :oops:
PMSL - gotta love grown up gaming!

I kinda wish I still had this, I may look at picking it up off flea-bay on the cheap, do you guys all play using the paid for DLC? I pretty much stopped playing at that point but if I can get the game cheap enough I may pick it up.

I assume all the connection issues and comms issues remain? I'll have to have a mosey on down to Watt street and see who dares to beat my time (although I think they ****ed that up adding ridiculous cars anyway)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
ColSonders said:
HaloJ said:
PMSL - gotta love grown up gaming!

I kinda wish I still had this, I may look at picking it up off flea-bay on the cheap, do you guys all play using the paid for DLC? I pretty much stopped playing at that point but if I can get the game cheap enough I may pick it up.

I assume all the connection issues and comms issues remain? I'll have to have a mosey on down to Watt street and see who dares to beat my time (although I think they ****ed that up adding ridiculous cars anyway)
Get the complete collection col it should be cheap

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
:lol: So many pictures kept popping up, and what with me getting lost all the time trying to find the next event, I spent more time viewing the mini map than anything else!! :roll: :D

Was good fun, and nice to see nearly everyone had their PS Eye switched on too.