[Thu 10 Oct 20:30] BF4 Beta - Obliteration

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Obliteration mode is currently being rolled out to the BF4 Beta on all systems. So, let's see what it's like!

Here's a taster of the new game mode on Paracel Storm...

As you may have noticed, there is no invite system in the Beta. It is easy to join other players though.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had a quick game on this with @ColSonders and @LouPeacock last night. It's a really good game mode. Quite fast paced at times, and panic inducing in places. If you pick up the bomb, you're suddenly very aware that the entire enemy team are hunting you! :shock:

When we joined the server, our team pretty much lost a point immediately. Another point fell soon after, so we had one remaining point to the enemy's three. I don't know how we managed it, but we fought back and won the game! There were some epic moments in it. Obliteration works very well on this map.

Can't wait for this game to be released now. So, who's joining us tonight?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, this is a great game mode, I reckon it could become as popular as Rush.

It seems to work very well, unlike some of the other game modes added to BF3 in the DLC packs like CTF.

Top game mode, very focussed....gonna be absolutely nuts with a full compliment of players on PS4.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sounds like COD. Domination or search and destroy or whatever it's called

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Doesn't the CoD game mode just have the one bomb plant place though so it's easier to destroy?

Both teams start with three, so once you have the bomb you can choose which one to go to....although you stand out as you're highlighted as the bomb carrier to both teams. But the closer to winning you get the harder it becomes as it's easier for the other team to defend.

And yeah, helicopters and tanks....makes it so much more fun.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dunno I just remember that I hated it!

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Agree with other posts above, its going to be mental. Bf3 Rugby at its best.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I also loved this game mode. I was concerned it may be too much like Rush but far from it. Intense battles break out all over the map and at one point, the bomb spawned in the water and a big jet ski battle occurred, it was brilliant. It's only a 32 player game mode even on next gen but it's plenty for this type of mode where everyone is chasing the same objective.

I won't be on tonight as I promised to play some GTA with Jenxy but will catch you guys soon.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's only a 32 player game mode even on next gen but it's plenty for this type of mode where everyone is chasing the same objective.
That's still an extra 4 players per team compared to the beta on PS3 though, so even more hectic!