Thread Prefixes

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thread Prefixes are now available in the games and hardware forums. :D

Thread Prefixes allow you to apply pre-defined text to individual threads which is placed at the beginning of the thread title. The text can be styled to make it more prominent and easy to identify when viewing a list of threads.

Filtering and searching is supported, in addition to the prefix being present on the What's New page, Recent Activity feed and Alerts list.

Note: only a single prefix can be applied to a thread at one time.

We will be using Thread Prefixes to help members more easily identify which platform(s) a discussion thread is relevant to.

Using Thread Prefixes

When you create a thread in one of the games and hardware forums, you will now see a prefix option in the thread title box:

prefixes_create_thread_title.png

To add a Thread Prefix, simply click on (No prefix). You will then see a pop-up menu from which you can select the appropriate Thread Prefix.

prefixes_popup_menu.png

In the gaming and hardware forums that are specific to a particular platform e.g. PS4 and XBox One, a default prefix is already selected when creating a new thread. This can be changed if required though this in most cases won't be likely.

Note: Tapatalk users can also create Thread Prefixes when starting a new thread (you'll get a pop-up menu to choose the prefix from). They will also see prefixes in threads although not in colour e.g. they'll see [PS3] or [X360]

The current and next gen of the PlayStation and XBox have the same colouring but different text as I thought this made sense. The rest have different colouring to distinguish them. The Multi prefix is for anything that is multiplatform. Mobile is for Android/iOS and any other mobile platform. I didn't feel that the Wii/Wii U/PSP etc warranted individual Thread Prefixes so they can all use the Other prefix. If any of these or indeed any other platform requires individual prefixes in the future, these can easily be created.

In the next few days, you'll see Thread Prefixes being added to existing games and hardware threads along with some forum rearranging.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Forum rearrangements and Thread Prefixes added to the relevant threads. That took a bit of time to do! :crazy:

If you see a thread in one of the forums in the Games section that either is missing a tag or is incorrectly tagged, just click on the Report link at the bottom of the first post in that thread and type in the report box what you think the correct tag should be. We'll then get it corrected. :)

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You've done a good job there @Martok . It looks very well laid out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Martok I just posted a new thread in the" general" forum and there was no option to post a prefix. Is it just enabled in the games section?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Martok I just posted a new thread in the" general" forum and there was no option to post a prefix. Is it just enabled in the games section?
I think I saw my answer in your post above.. sorry.