1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Theming the forums

Discussion in 'Website News & Support' started by HaloJ, 23 Jun 2012.

1. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    What an abject nightmare! :crazy:

ProSilver is utterly chock full of redundant and contradictory code. One of the oddest issues I've come across whilst developing the forums theme is the problem with the background image not displaying correctly or only displaying part way down a page. I've commented out 3 separate background-color references that were overridding the image at some point or another. Frankly the entire CSS needs a rewrite from the bottom up but I suspect that it's there to give some compatibility to prior/child themes. :roll:

Finally with the background image looking correct across all pages, including the (what I feel is lovely) drop shadow finish to the page I can get back to actually unifying the colour schemes and overall flow of the site. :thumbup:

Once all the theming is complete I then have to start it all over again to convert the themes into child themes of the originals so that updates can be applied without the need to do them manually. :sick: I'm so not looking forward to the start of that project and suspect that I'll have to placate myself with a long stint on Dead Nation. :mrgreen:

Abs

EDIT: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! Spoke to, I've just seen a fault as I posted this. :cry:

2. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Ok, so this post is just a test to see if I've finally trapped the background bug. :think:

EDIT : **** yeah! :clap:

3. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    It's looking very crisp and clean so far.

4. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Gradually coming to. :thumbup:

It's odd fully theming PHPBB as together with all the bloody redundant colour references there are also sneaky images with transparency chucked in for good measure. Couldn't work out why something that was specified one colour kept coming out as a darker version until I spotted the image. :crazy: The target is to get something as sharp looking as the home/blog which was a damn site easier to theme for.

Just spotted that the tabs are a step from the norm and don't include transparency but instead have the BG colour specified. :roll: