PS4 The Witness on PS4: “The biggest, most intricate world ever built for a puzzle game”

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just tried it this weekend, and not experiencing it myself.
But I did find you are not alone, and at some point they added a patch with options to alleviate the problem.
Have you tried them?

Haha, I'm also at some "ehm... wtf do I do now?" puzzles.... :oops:
I’ve not looked in the settings, I shall next time I’m on it.

I find with the puzzles I get the first few done, then can’t for the life of me figure out the rest. I’m thinking I might have to cheat soon, and look at a guide for inspiration with one of them.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As a spoiler free tip: there are some puzzles that combine knowledge of puzzles from other areas.
It can be beneficial to just stop where you are and continue exploring!

I learned this by (yes, I admit) looking at a solution where it said something like "just like you did at location X".

But I'm still not sure I will be able to figure them all out by myself, like for example I'm still "puzzled" (haha!) by the desert ones, and it looks like I should start there and not learn it somewhere else.

There is hope yet, because yesterday I figured out something I completely overlooked initially (I felt so stupid when I learned)...
It's not about the puzzles per se, but I will include it in spoiler tags just in case.

I thought they just showed an overview map, but you can use the boats to (fast)travel to the different docks by drawing on the map.... how did I not notice that before.... :oops:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Lol @ spoiler @NVranya and aye, what he said @Plaxinator - you don't have to stay in one area, sometimes it's good to look elsewhere however sometimes it can be right confusing coming back.

Talos Principle is worse for that though - I was thoroughly confounded at what to do after a break!

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Needs a run button