The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slaine, 6 Sep 2012.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Got to say, massive fan of this. Definitely the scariest thing on telly. Im half way through the 2nd series, as I had to Sky+ it as theres no way the wife will watch it. Thing is, you try and explain whats good about it and its hard. Yes its a zombie apocalypse, and yes the special effects are just plain awesome, but that isnt it. For me, the draw is the strength of the characters and their interactions. Sopranos had this, a superb cast with fantastic stories and dialogue. Any action sequences were incidental, and whilst they never took anything away from the series, they wasnt the sole reason of what made it so great. The same can certainly be said about the Walking Dead. Who says comic books are for kids!?!? :roll: :lol:

Cant believe I watched Falling Skies and True Blood before I settled down to watch this!!! :shock: :o

Anyone else been watching this?

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I finished watching S2 a few weeks ago, great series don't wanna spoil anything so won't say too much. The Graphic Novel is better but at £60 its a bit steep. I wish were wasn't such a long gap between episodes. Shane pissed me off the whole first and second season, and bloody Ricks kid argh. Season 3 is gonna be a corker if it's the same as the Graphic Novel :)

3. ExUser01

ExUser01 Guest

This is probably my second all time favourite TV series (behind Lost) I've just seen the trailer for season 3 looks good and if its anything like the second it will be. Enjoy the rest of season 2 it keeps getting better the further along you get.

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Here's the Season Three Comic-Con Trailer if you've not already seen it. Thanks to clarkyspeaks for posting this first on Facebook. :thumbup:

This season looks an absolute corker. :D

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Jeez the 3rd Season looks sooo good. Im at the episode with the bar and Herschal. That Sophia storyline was just awesome. Very very moving, just like the Dead Island trailer all over again. I guess its a dad thing.

But I know what you mean about Shane; hes an unbelievable arsehole. Unfortunately I reckon come the apocalypse thatll be me with a mixture of Daryl may be thrown in. I'd like to say I'd be like Rick and become the leader I always knew I should be, but I'd be lying as I'd use you all as Walker bait.

6. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Superb series even if it went a bit Waltons in season 2. Really looking forward to season 3.

7. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I was really enjoying It up until the end of series 2 and that bint showed up with armless zombie pets! Just because they haven't got any arms doesn't mean they wont bite. I have a feeling It's just gonna get stupid now, Shame really.

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Spoiler alert :-O

9. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET

No! It was at the end of series 2, Everyone saw It, Apart from Slaine maybe :)

10. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    The zombies were gagged or had something in their mouths to prevent them from biting, I remember seeing this at the time. I can't find a decent clip to show this but this one shows there's something in their mouths - jump to 1m 11s to see this.

11. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Still rubbish :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice