The Walking Dead

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got to say, massive fan of this. Definitely the scariest thing on telly. Im half way through the 2nd series, as I had to Sky+ it as theres no way the wife will watch it. Thing is, you try and explain whats good about it and its hard. Yes its a zombie apocalypse, and yes the special effects are just plain awesome, but that isnt it. For me, the draw is the strength of the characters and their interactions. Sopranos had this, a superb cast with fantastic stories and dialogue. Any action sequences were incidental, and whilst they never took anything away from the series, they wasnt the sole reason of what made it so great. The same can certainly be said about the Walking Dead. Who says comic books are for kids!?!? :roll: :lol:

Cant believe I watched Falling Skies and True Blood before I settled down to watch this!!! :shock: :o

Anyone else been watching this?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I finished watching S2 a few weeks ago, great series don't wanna spoil anything so won't say too much. The Graphic Novel is better but at £60 its a bit steep. I wish were wasn't such a long gap between episodes. Shane pissed me off the whole first and second season, and bloody Ricks kid argh. Season 3 is gonna be a corker if it's the same as the Graphic Novel :)

ExUser01

Reaction score
This is probably my second all time favourite TV series (behind Lost) I've just seen the trailer for season 3 looks good and if its anything like the second it will be. Enjoy the rest of season 2 it keeps getting better the further along you get.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Here's the Season Three Comic-Con Trailer if you've not already seen it. Thanks to clarkyspeaks for posting this first on Facebook. :1thumbup:

This season looks an absolute corker. :D

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jeez the 3rd Season looks sooo good. Im at the episode with the bar and Herschal. That Sophia storyline was just awesome. Very very moving, just like the Dead Island trailer all over again. I guess its a dad thing.

But I know what you mean about Shane; hes an unbelievable arsehole. Unfortunately I reckon come the apocalypse thatll be me with a mixture of Daryl may be thrown in. I'd like to say I'd be like Rick and become the leader I always knew I should be, but I'd be lying as I'd use you all as Walker bait.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Superb series even if it went a bit Waltons in season 2. Really looking forward to season 3.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was really enjoying It up until the end of series 2 and that bint showed up with armless zombie pets! Just because they haven't got any arms doesn't mean they wont bite. I have a feeling It's just gonna get stupid now, Shame really.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
HERMAN_JELMET said:
I was really enjoying It up until the end of series 2 and that bint showed up with armless zombie pets! Just because they haven't got any arms doesn't mean they wont bite. I have a feeling It's just gonna get stupid now, Shame really.
Spoiler alert :-O

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
HERMAN_JELMET said:
Spoiler alert :-O

No! It was at the end of series 2, Everyone saw It, Apart from Slaine maybe :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HERMAN_JELMET said:
The zombies were gagged or had something in their mouths to prevent them from biting, I remember seeing this at the time. I can't find a decent clip to show this but this one shows there's something in their mouths - jump to 1m 11s to see this.