• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi The Queen's Wrath

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The next time you find yourself in orbit around one of the worlds in Destiny, you’ll receive an invitation to an audience with an illustrious guest of the City.

The Queen’s Wrath is another special event in Destiny. It provides brave Guardians with new ways to be challenged and rewarded. Gaining favor with the Queen won’t be easy. Here’s what you need to know to survive and prosper.

You have until October 6th to elevate your reputation in the royal court. Accept those bounties and launch your missions. There are old scores out there to settle – both with our enemies and with each other.

Source: Bungie

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I attempted to solo one of the Wrath missions last night, bad mistake...

Got dumped with the final black gate mission, made it to the section just before the boss before getting my a*se handed to me on a silver platter

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, 23 might be a bit too low for soloing it. I barely managed (with lots of cursing) at 26.
As always, feel free to ask for help if I'm online.
If I don't have time or just want to focus on my own things, my Fireteam option is on "invite only" or "closed".
So if you can join me, I'm available and willing to lend a hand.

Edit:
I was wondering what that little number in the Queen's mission icon meant (mine's showing "4" now).

The explanation seems to be as follows:

There are currently 6 Queen bounties available at the bounty hunter merchant.

Every bounty completed gives you points towards the Queen's Faction. I believe you need 3,000 faction points to be able to purchase everything at this merchant.

The queen merchant sells 3 blue weapons that are "unique" to this event.
They also have two shaders, two emblems, and a class specific item.

Now the real profit from this event comes from completing the bounties.

Every time you complete a queen bounty, you get 1 "point" towards Queen's Wrath missions.

The queens wrath mission once unlocked is listed above all the daily and weekly missions.

These missions are from a random set of level 24 STORY missions with the epic modifier active. There is no matchmaking with these missions so you have to solo them or find people to do them with.

Every time you complete a Queen's Wrath mission you get a GUARANTEED legendary item provided you still have a "point." If you complete queen's wrath missions without one of these points you are not guaranteed anything.

As far as the legendary items available go, the confirmed items at this point are:
These items appear to be random and regardless of the mission you do, you have a chance at any of them.

Sniper rifle
Chest Armor
Helmet
Boots
Ship
So it seems I can do 4 more missions for guaranteed legendaries.
Guess I know what I'm doing tonight, so feel free to pop in.

Last edited:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So it seems I can do 4 more missions for guaranteed legendaries.
Guess I know what I'm doing tonight, so feel free to pop in.
Yeah, this seems to be a good way of getting ascendant shards as you can get lots of guaranteed legendaries and dismantle them....thank god, because you need in the region of 70 ascendant shards to upgrade armour enough to reach rank 30

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That's no way to treat the Queen's gifts! Off with your head! :rant:

But yup, that's a decent way to get those ascended thingies faster if you need those more than new legendaries.

Last edited by a moderator:

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Right, was too good to be true, missions are quite useless now if you don't need a sniper or ship:
Queen's Wrath Event
Material rewards for dismantling Queen's Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary item
Source

Also the cave will be fixed soon:
(Edit: is fixed apparently already, see source above)

Destiny: The Cave
The social experience of a cave farming run is amazing: the herding to get a team of Guardians all behind the line and firing in the right direction, the rush to grab the loot, the scramble when the panic wave starts, the beckoning glow from inside the cave. The speed at which the community organized around this activity was inspiring and humbling to us.

But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn't our dream for how Destiny is played. Our hope is that social engagement in public spaces is only one part of the Destiny experience. Expect changes soon which decrease the efficiency of cave farming and correspondingly increase engram drops from completing activities.
Source

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Right, was too good to be true, missions are quite useless now if you don't need a sniper or ship:
Why Sniper or Ship?

The items you get do seem to be worth using....just I've already got armour that's almost identical (and looks better) so it's junk for me.

But yeah it's still worth doing these if you have slots without legendary or better items in them......I've only seen head and chest armour from queens missions though.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Because - if I understood correctly - the only drops possible are: chest, helmet, sniper, ship. (with the two armour pieces as 95% - wild guess - of the drops)
I assume most who do queens wrath have a legendary chest/helmet already, so only remaining items of interest are those two.

I personally would like the sniper, so I'll grind on a bit more

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Because - if I understood correctly - the only drops possible are: chest, helmet, sniper, ship. (with the two armour pieces as 95% - wild guess - of the drops)
I assume most who do queens wrath have a legendary chest/helmet already, so only remaining items of interest are those two.

I personally would like the sniper, so I'll grind on a bit more
Ah I didn't realise there was a ship and sniper as other possible drops......but yeah most will already have equivalent armour.

I'm lucky I got many Shards before they changed it.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not totally sure why they completely removed getting of shards as you still had to complete a bounty and then complete the mission so you more than earned at least one shard if you chose to dismantle them.

Didn't know about the ship or sniper either - time to run all those orders I've got left.

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This event is driving me round the bend now... :crazy:

6 x Titan Chest Plates & 2 x Helmets

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, took me quite a few tries to get that sniper, and never saw the ship.

Tip, if you didn't know - unless they patched that out as well:
You can speed things up by just doing the Earth mission (Dark within? Anyway, the Warp drive one, with the guy "coming out of the wall").
If you get a "wrong" mission, just go back to orbit and select Queen's Wrath mission again until you hit Earth.
Note: this too is random and can take a while to get, but even if you're spending 10 minutes getting it, this mission is easily done in minutes so it's probably still faster than any other you get.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've only done 2 so far and got chest armour and a helmet which was lucky I guess. I have one bounty on the go where I have to get 200 fallen headshots. I'm on about 120 at the moment. Might finish that off on my quest for iron relics. Then see if I get another piece of armour....
I need to rank up my Vanguard at the moment or I'll never get to rank 3. I'm currently rank 0. These missons go towards your rep, yes? Just realised that by always wearing my New Monarchy thingy that both crucible and vanguard rep goes towards their faction. I thought it was just crucible. So gonna have to remember to switch to something else when playing Vanguard stuff.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Queen's missions/bounties go towards Queen's rep, not sure if your Monarchy item changes that.
Also not sure if other Queen's armor pieces exist than helmet/chest.
But yes, for Vanguard (regular bounties, Vanguard strikes), remove your Monarchy item first or you'll never level that :)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was wondering what that little number in the Queen's mission icon meant (mine's showing "4" now).
I was wondering what that meant, so thanks for the explanation. I've got 7 currently, so I guess I should try to do the mission before it is taken away. I'm level 21 at the moment though, so may struggle. We shall see. :)

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was wondering what that meant, so thanks for the explanation. I've got 7 currently, so I guess I should try to do the mission before it is taken away. I'm level 21 at the moment though, so may struggle. We shall see. :)
I'll be running a few more of these tonight, if you are online feel free to join me :gamer:. This goes for anyone else as well

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I need to rank up my Vanguard at the moment or I'll never get to rank 3. I'm currently rank 0. These missons go towards your rep, yes? Just realised that by always wearing my New Monarchy thingy that both crucible and vanguard rep goes towards their faction. I thought it was just crucible. So gonna have to remember to switch to something else when playing Vanguard stuff.
Just buy the New Monarchy version of what you want instead.