XBOne The Power of the cloud

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
This infographic released by Microsoft is supposed to explain the power of the azure cloud network.

All it looks like to me is a load of bollocks maybe some smarter people on here can understand it better.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There's only a single part of that poster that actually has anything at all to do with 'the cloud' and that's seeing your own home screen no matter who's xbox console you log onto.

I imagine that's actually makes a difference for as much as 1% of the xbox community.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
It just looks like the current xbl and Psn just with the background downloading :-\

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah...the background downloading has precisely nothing to do with cloud storage...although I guess they'll have the files stored on their server farm so the faster capabilities of their server farm should mean downloads become faster.

Though to be honest your downloads will be limited by your own line speed well before you limit the server pipe.

So all told it's more intentional misinformation by Microsoft to try to sell their new box....same as the whole "one device to replace them all" bullshit that people were buying into initially (and no doubt many Americans still do).