Multi The PlayStation Plus Monthly Games allocation will no longer include PS3 and PS Vita titles

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just received this email. No more free PS3 or Vita games next year.

Playstation

The PlayStation Plus Monthly Games allocation will no longer include PS3 and PS Vita titles after 8 March 2019
PlayStation®3 (PS3™) or PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) titles will be included in the PlayStation®Plus Monthly Games allocation until 8 March 2019.

After 8 March 2019, the Monthly Games provided to PlayStation Plus members will no longer include PS3 or PS Vita titles. Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.

Beyond 8 March 2019, Monthly Games will only include PlayStation®4 (PS4™) titles. All other features and benefits of the PlayStation Plus service will remain unaffected.

What this means for you

As a PlayStation Plus member, you will continue to receive Monthly Games for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita for every month of your membership until 8 March 2019.

After 8 March 2019, PS3 and PS Vita titles will no longer be included in your Monthly Games allocation.

Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.
Further actions
If you do not wish for your PlayStation Plus membership to continue after this change has taken place, cancel your subscription or turn off auto renewal so that your membership period ends by 8 March 2019. When you cancel your membership, your subscription will end at the conclusion of your current billing cycle and you will not be charged additionally. You can use these direct links to check when your next subscription payment is due and manage your account. You’ll need your Sony Entertainment Network sign-in ID and password to log in to your account:

Check your renewal date
Manage automatic wallet funding
Add or delete a payment method
Cancel automatic renewal

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not really a surprise, they were bound to end support for these last gen consoles sometime.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, since there's no new Vita, I don't consider that last gen.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, since there's no new Vita, I don't consider that last gen.
There was no new Dreamcast either and that's definitely last gen. ;)

mick

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is long overdue I think.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Awww, very bad. I don't care about those PS3 games, but I really liked that Vita games when going on business trips.
But on the other hand, most of them are crap anyway.

Does that mean now, that we get more PS4 games or do they just strip the other systems.
And what about those PS4 / Vita Crossbuys?

mick

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hopefully it will mean we get better PS4 games.

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I understand this move from a business perspective, but I don't have to like it. I've made no secret of how big of a PS Vita fan I am. I've long accepted that Sony has given up on the Vita in the West. That doesn't change my awesome library of Vita games, or the fact the there are countless more titles for it that I can't wait to get my hands on.

The PS3 was MUCH more successful, but it had to happen to it as well at some point. It's sad though. I suspect that the PS4 will over-take it at some point, but currently I think I play my PS3 more than my PS4.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I even can't unterstand it from a business standpoint. It is not that they lose a lot of money by giving away those game and that the Vita market isn't plummeting. What is the loss to continue giving away those game.

I think the reason is another. They stopped Facebook on the Vita, the Youtube App, Skype, Near with all those Geo-Apps, ... I think the next thing they'll do is a system update to remove the Vita from the PSN completely.

As I started I had a 360 and a PS3 and the PS3 was collecting dust as it is today. I only need it for Gran Turismo, but now with the Cronomax even that is outdated.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That would justify the taking of hostages!
I'm pretty sure that is the way to go. Remove features one by one and check for the outcry.
Tbh, I really loved Near, checking which players are in the vincinity, and heck, I even found some PSN friends with it.

I am pretty sure you have to plot that plan on how to take that hostages soon.