Multi The other people or to put it another way ... life after 30

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So you've completed The Division now what do you do? You can moan about the cost per hour of game play :lol:

or ....

Along with the daily challenges you can opt to create a second, third or if you have too much time on your hands a forth character.

Why would I want to run through all that again I hear you ask, well there are a few good reasons.

Gathering Phoenix credits
When you create a 2nd+ character you will notice that the phoenix credits wallet is present from level 1, this wallet is shared across all characters. This means that if you have far too much time on your hands and are prepared to run through the game 4 times to reach level 30 you can reward yourself with running each of the daily challenges 4 times a day ...what JOY!!!

:yahoo:

This would return approx 120 marks from running the hard daily's and 80 marks from the challenges plus a few bonus marks from killing the bosses.

Dark zone runners
Additional characters could help you enjoy the dark zone. Some of you have been venturing in after you have finished the game, this move has promoted you straight to the beginning of the end tier of the dark zone levels.

By creating a 2nd, 3rd, etc character and limiting your level to between 10-20 you will find that there are less **** **** trying to kill you not excluding the computer generated ones. Whilst this method isn't going to snag you high end yellow gear it at least means you can level up your dark zone levels in a slightly more relaxed environment. Most gamer's you encounter during these early stages will also be leveling up and will generally be carrying green/blue gear.

On the odd occasion a low level character may attempt to jump you but they may not realize that the person they are trying to jump is carrying a level 20 purple sub-machine gun and a shotgun with a critical hit build.

:evil: How we laughed as they crawled slow away before putting them out of there misery:evil:

I have noticed that once you enter the dark zone with your PVE level at 30 the safe house vendors within the zone no longer issue you with the option to purchase purple blueprints so it's advisable to create a level 20 character for dark zone running until you have acquired these BP's if you want them that is (it would seem that all BPs are also shared across all characters).

Quick (ish) ways to level up in the DZ
During the early levels I'd recommend sticking near the extraction site area at DZ01 as this is a decent enemy spawning site, simply calling for extraction will spawn several Rikers at about the 40-50 second mark on the count down timer, there is also the chance that the cleaners from the subway system below will also join in, plus there is a DZ boss in the subway system below the other easy boss to take out is to the right of the entry point of DZ02 in a quarantined section

I'd recommend you take out any chargers and grenadiers first as these will cause you the most pain. If things get too heated simply back off to a safe location and engage from a distance.

My low level DZ setup involves the pulse and first aid abilities with the pulse using the increased damage on marked targets and the first aid using the overfill first aid modifications. For weapons I general go with a Marksman Rifle for range and a sub-machine gun for close quarters. I tend to find the remote turret pretty much useless at low levels in the DZ.

Don't forget to get those quarantine protection levels up before venturing into the DZ with you additional characters.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So currently there's not a lot in the core game to keep you occupied once you've reached max level?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So currently there's not a lot in the core game to keep you occupied once you've reached max level?
Don't think so. Quite a few of my Destiny friends have it and more than one of them have said it has got boring. Also some complain that you can't have an enjoyable game with friends unless you are similar levels. So I think once the new Destiny update is out on the 12th April, numbers for the Division among my Destiny friends will dwindle.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
How is that different to Destiny, Battlefield and the like?
I'm not criticising any game just fail to see how there is more to do in Destiny etc than there is in The Division.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not criticising any game just fail to see how there is more to do in Destiny etc than there is in The Division.
I can't compare as I've never played The Division, just going off what my Destiny friends have said. However I think Destiny is more level friendly - you can do crucible and not have level disadvantages unless you do Trials or Iron Banner. You can do strikes at different levels etc. So there's not a penalty per se if your a lower level than your friends.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's hard to compare The Division to Destiny apart from it's more suited to people who like the realistic feel to an RPG. Having played both I've put over 70 hours into The Division where Destiny felt more suited to the kids of COD. I still have so much to do on The Division and probably looking at way over 100 hours just to mop up the side quests.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Battlefield is repetitive from the beginning; same maps and modes every time you turn the game on. The diversity comes from the human opposition which makes no game tactically the same. If that's enough diversity, then you can play it for eternity (trust me on this one).

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Last night @HaloJ and I completed the main game (all missions, side missions and encounters etc) and we did this leaving the final main mission until last (which we did on hard and was great fun). So far I've played for 75 hours (which already exceeds my total time played on Destiny of 60 hours) and @HaloJ has played for 80 hours. We still have a bunch of collectibles (phones/echoes etc) to collect. We've only ventured into the Dark Zone a few times so we've got plenty more of that to do as well as the daily missions (which won't be stale for us as we've only played most main missions through once). Like @Wilks this is easy going to head to over 100+ hours of gameplay for us and that's before the free additional content that they will be adding as well as the DLC which we have bought.

Based on our gameplay time so far and the price of the base game, it works out at around 50p per hour of entertainment for each of us. I think that's pretty good value for money, especially when you compare it to the cost of other entertainment (cinema £5-6 per hour based on £11.50 ticket and film of 2-2.5 hours; bowling £6 per game, lasts about 30 - 45 mins depending on numbers with you). That price per hour will drop further with the additional free content and even with the cost of the DLC on top (we paid £59.99 each for game plus season pass) it'll still drop well below 50p per hour in the long run. So I think we have got real value for money in an entertaining game here. :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Price per hour for Destiny for me was 16p

That's a the most similar game to this that i've played and I considered it a rip off to the point I refused to buy into the second year....so never playing it again.

Battlefield 4 I consider value for money and that works out at 20p per hour (online only hours and I played through the campaign a handful of times)....and still playing.

Battlefront I'm already bored of but will continue to play as long as they don't lock it off to only those who've bought the DLC that I have no intention of buying....currently 37p per hour.

It's all subjective isn't it.....good to know how much/little there is to keep you going on the Division once you hit end game though, seems to be lacking in content and I'm guessing the DLC will add to "end game" but I disagree with this approach so might pick it up in a years time when it's half the price for the game plus it's DLC.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's all subjective isn't it.....good to know how much/little there is to keep you going on the Division once you hit end game though, seems to be lacking in content and I'm guessing the DLC will add to "end game" but I disagree with this approach so might pick it up in a years time when it's half the price for the game plus it's DLC.
There's more coming (for free), they have already stated that.

LOOKING FORWARD
Coming soon, we will be introducing new end-game activities! You say you want more info? Don’t worry, we’ll talk more about this big upcoming update within the next few days. We will be livestreaming The Division Special Report show soon where we’ll shed some light on the content of the next title update. If you’re excited for some early reveals tune into our livestream so you don’t miss a thing!
State of the Game: March 22, 2016 | Latest news and content about Tom Clancy's The Division game

LOOKING FORWARD
Our next update will introduce Incursions, which we’re sure many of you have been waiting for! Of course, that’s not all that the update will include, and to go as deep as possible, we’ll be hosting a Special Report livestream on Twitch very soon!

Aside from the update that will be introducing Incursions among other things, the team is of course still looking to balance certain elements of the game as well!
State of the Game: March 29, 2016 | Latest news and content about Tom Clancy's The Division game

As I said, I think this is value for money for me so far and it'll be even more value the more hours I play. I'm still enjoying the game at 75 hours and counting which is more than I can say for Destiny which I gave up at on 60 hours (67p per hour). I did enjoy Battlefield to some extent but the broken aspects of the game at the time put me off (I probably won't buy another one and I don't know if I can be bothered to try the current one again). Battlefront I won't touch, not interested in another DICE game. Each to their own I guess.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All subjective. I've played just over 553 hours of Destiny. With the base game and DLC, think I must have paid about £120 all in. What's that, about 4.6p per hour? Bargain.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think you should all try Wander. At £19.99 it's not wallet breaking, and I think you'll all like it. It's like The Division with a bit of Destiny, and a smidgen of BF4, all topped off with Battlefront.
This game will stop you moaning about value for money.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
April may be a good time to buy it if anyone is tempted. More free content is coming and player trading. You can currently only trade amongst another character build but the April update will see full player trading open up. I've stashed a few guns away ready to help my second character or @Jenxy_ later on.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All subjective. I've played just over 553 hours of Destiny. With the base game and DLC, think I must have paid about £120 all in. What's that, about 4.6p per hour? Bargain.
As you say subjective, but how many of those hours were doing the same missions over and over. We seem to live in an age where a new difficulty setting is considered new content, the game only starts at level 20, yeah right, you get to play it all over again and again.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As you say subjective, but how many of those hours were doing the same missions over and over. We seem to live in an age where a new difficulty setting is considered new content, the game only starts at level 20, yeah right, you get to play it all over again and again.
You seem to forget we come from an age where computer games were loaded from tapes and a game's longevity was based on pixel-perfect jumping and moving across a level or you'd die and have to repeat the level again and again (if games of that time weren't like this we'd have completed them in no time at all).

Also games like Battlefront and Battlefield which you've both played, you're just repeating the same thing again and again if you play a map more than once. ;)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
21.7p per hour?

And Martok's 75 hours at £60 is 80p an hour so far unless he's counting both his and halo's hours on one copy of the game in which case he's just under 40p an hour so far.

Also you can't really compare doing set missions over and over to the replay value of a map on a multiplayer game, a single map on a game like battlefield will give many hours of enjoyment, by comparison a single mission will get boring very quickly after the first few runs through.

It's clear that this is yet another game lacking in content though given that this is designed to be some kind of MMOFPS type game....it's a shame that things are going this way but to me it seems like you can't get a single game that's got it all. You get games that play incredibly well and lack content (the division/destiny) or games that have excellent content and support from their developer but don't play well (insert DICE game here).

Probably the best game I can think of that gets it close is Borderlands...which most people didn't even play to max level, but again it did lack a little in content for max level where they could have made more of things....still considerably more content than other games of it's type.

Last edited:

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You seem to forget we come from an age where computer games were loaded from tapes
& disks if you were rich enough to afford a speccy +3 followed by the amiga 500 / atari st
There were some classic titles for pocket money prices back then as well, thinks back to the Firebird range of games @ 1.99 8-)

The length of time I hammered some of them games would give me a cost per hour of approx £0.001 (or even less) :lol:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And Martok's 75 hours at £60 is 80p an hour so far unless he's counting both his and halo's hours on one copy of the game in which case he's just under 40p an hour so far.
I'm counting the base price which was £42 at the time as a comparison for someone buying the game without the DLC (incidentally the game is now £39 on Amazon). I didn't include the DLC price that I paid (just counting my copy, @HaloJ also bought the same too) as that's new content coming over the course of the year and none is released yet. Once the first lot of paid DLC is out I'll use the £60 figure to calculate cost per hour.

Also you can't really compare doing set missions over and over to the replay value of a map on a multiplayer game, a single map on a game like battlefield will give many hours of enjoyment, by comparison a single mission will get boring very quickly after the first few runs through.
I wasn't comparing, just pointing out something to Yinkin. ;) You also can't really compare them either as the content is different. Multiplayer games have the same handful of maps and that's it, it's not long before you have played on all of them. However, the entertainment there is on the replayability of those maps as the battles are different each time (though in the long run it can get a bit samey, even you have said you're bored of Battlefront now). MMOTPS type games like Destiny have the main focus of entertainment on the story and missions within that with some replayability on repeating missions. There is of course the multiplayer element to both of these games (Crucible for Destiny, Dark Zone for The Division).

Different people like different things. Some love playing Battlefield/Battlefront etc over and over again for hundreds of hours, whilst others get bored long before that and move onto other games. Some love Destiny/The Division etc and will pile the hours into these whilst others drop them for 'lack of content'. Some don't like either and prefer single player games. Fortunately we are all different and we can all find something new that we like to play (possibly with the exception of @yinkin ;) :lol: )

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Actually for the record Martok, I have just been playing the balls off Fallout 4 because I. like that style of game, hours of exploration and a proper story that at least tries to hide the repetitions in its game play. I also liked the far cry games for similar reasons. My problem with lots of games is that they have replaced player agency with unlock trees and gadgets and now ask players to follow a narrative that is not just sparse to the point of idiocy,it isn't even concluded. Players seem to have become very undemanding, talking about shooting games being brilliant because of their great shooting mechanics is like praising water for being wet.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The diversity comes from the human opposition which makes no game tactically the same. If that's enough diversity, then you can play it for eternity (trust me on this one).
So that would be the equivalent of the Dark Zone on The Division then.