• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

The obligatory introduction thread

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Greetings "Senior Gamers".

I am WetpaintGaming on PSN and TMS LW198 on XBL.

Hopefully you will deign to grant me the honour of becoming a Standard member within your hallowed forums.

As a long standing member of other gaming sites, groups and clans I can hopefully include here among them. But because of this I will not commit to being a full member as I wouldn't be able to dedicate the time which such status would warrant.

My age is 40, although I have placed a fake age within my profile, as I have a relative who works in internet security who has always advised me never to put a true date of birth unless absolutely necessary, so apologies for that but I hope you appreciate my reasoning.

As for Gaming History, I guess the ZX81 is the first computer I ever used. My brother owned a Commodore Vic 20 which I used to play on a great deal. But the first computer I ever bought was a second hand Atari ST off a friend of my brother, who luckily owned one himself as well, so I had a great library of (copied) games already and this is where I was initially introduced into a LAN type environment as we used to connect them and play Populous and Stunt Car Racer among others, which I can't currently remember.

The Sega Megadrive during senior school was closely followed by a SNES bought from a work colleague at my first job. I've since had a Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, Playstation 2, Nintendo 64, XBox, Gamecube and currently have connected an Xbox 360, Xbox One and Playstation 4.

Favourite games could take up a thread on it's own, but RPGs always hold a special place for me ever since "The Bards' Tale" on the Atari ST. I liked it much more than Dungeon Master, arguably the more popular of the two titles, as the strategy/tactical style has always been preferable to me over the action one. Although recent console generations have had many great action RPGs the tactical style has fallen out of favour except on some of the portable consoles.

But here is a quick rundown of favourite games that spring to mind and in no discernible order:

Shining Force I & II (Megadrive)
Streets of Rage II (Megadrive)
Super Bomberman (SNES)
Shining The Holy Ark (Saturn)
Power Stone (Dreamcast)
Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1 incredibly expensive import which possibly just shades VII & X for my favourite RPG)
Final Fantasy X (PS2 How I wish for a PS4 HD remake version)
Grandia II (Dreamcast & PS2 And arguably the best combat system in an RPG for me)
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube & PS2)
Halo & Halo 2 (Xbox)
Halo 3 (Xbox 360 The game that got me into online gaming)
Hexic HD (Xbox 360)
Borderlands 1 & 2 (Xbox 360)
Skyrim (Xbox 360)
Fallout 3 & New Vegas (Xbox 360)
Warframe (PS4 My current gaming OBSESSION)

There are undoubtedly others but I would guess that demonstrates both the games I like and especially the kind of person I am.

Last, and by no means least, "How I heard about Senior Gamers". After nearly 600 hours, yes SIX HUNDRED hours on Warframe (blame the lack of any other really interesting next gen title for me) I've recently gotten into the trading side of things and was (un)fortunate(?) enough to meet "Acegadgets".

Our first trade concluded very well except for the fact I'd asked for utterly the wrong item which I already had seven of. I sent an admission of idiocy on my part, although not pleading for any recompense, it was duly offered as we traded a few other items back and forth. Then over the course of the next few hours we were joined by "GooeyCrap" (surely the best kind of crap?) and vanquished many foes and sometimes ourselves.

Hopefully this hasn't been to long a read, I know the attention span of you oldies can be a little................

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You lost me after Greetings.

Welcome and greetings right back at cha.
I remember the good old Atari ST. Some good games from back in the day.

Anyway, enjoy and im sure I'll see you around.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wet paint - i.e. Untouchable? Welcome to our little corner of the net. Sorry about the smell but @mick has run out of pads again!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice to meet you.:hi:Being a full member isnt much of a commitment anyway, so leave the door ajar in case you change your mind.

So which part of the world are you from? How did you hear about us? I was a massive Halo fan too, before I switched to PlayStation full time. No point having both consoles this generation as the number of exclusives are negligible.

Friends request in the post and hope to see you online soon.:1thumbup:

PS youll probably notice Warframe is very popular here at the mo. So welcome aboard Tenno!!

Last edited:

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice to meet you.:hi:Being a full member isnt much of a commitment anyway, so leave the door ajar in case you change your mind.

So which part of the world are you from? How did you hear about us? I was a massive Halo fan too, before I switched to PlayStation full time. No point having both consoles this generation as the number of exclusives are negligible.

Friends request in the post and hope to see you online soon.:1thumbup:

PS youll probably notice Warframe is very popular here at the mo. So welcome aboard Tenno!!
I'm from the UK, I had hoped the use of the letter "u" in favourite would give it away ;)

I did look to see if I could edit that into my post but the eyes aren't what they used to be and couldn't find the option.

I actually mentioned how I heard about you, but maybe you were understandably tired of reading such drivel :)

Thanks for the FR, and I'm still a fan of Halo just not the games at the moment. I get too easily frustrated sometimes with FPS (oh Battlefield 4 WHY !!!) so I'm trying to shy away from those sort of games now for the most part.

Absolutely loving Warframe, and getting into the trading side has thankfully added some lifespan to it for me. Especially as I'm now looking to acquire a "Narrow Minded" Corrupted mod to hopefully make my Loki near permanently invisible.

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You lost me after Greetings.

Welcome and greetings right back at cha.
I remember the good old Atari ST. Some good games from back in the day.

Anyway, enjoy and im sure I'll see you around.
By lost I hope you didn't mean bored as by the end you would have been borderline catatonic :)

Yeah I was an ST boy, where as a couple of my friends were Amiga lads, but no rivalry of course.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Morning! Populous & Stunt Car Racer - both total classics!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello!

He seems very nice, can we keep him? Please! I promise to change the bedding regularly, take him for walks and remember to keep the feeding bowl topped up, unlike last time....

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello!

He seems very nice, can we keep him? Please! I promise to change the bedding regularly, take him for walks and remember to keep the feeding bowl topped up, unlike last time....
Yes but if we have to flush him down the bog like the last one, you have Mr Muscle and plunger duty.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ah so you did say where you heard about us!!! In my defence it was very early and I am very old:grandpa:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey, Wet paint Man, excellent to see that you've paid us a visit. I'm hoping to get a lot of warframing missions done with you in the near future.
The Seniors havent put as much time into warframe as you have and our knowledge of the game isn't at the same level as yours so dont laugh too much at our earlier warframe posts.
As i've mentioned quite a bit , I cant play after 9pm, but I am always available in the early evenings.
I'd like to try some more tower 3 missions again, I thought it was a good idea to tackle it, but should have remembered that the title DEFENSE mission means you are supposed to defend something , not just run around trying to kill things with an underpowered gun, So sorry for that little blooper, I'm sure we can do the harder missions with a bit more thought. I'm also ranking up some new warframes and weapons this week, so wouldn't mind some company on the lower levels.
I'd also like to to the Search for Vey Hek missions with our triangulators some time , to try to get the Hydroid. Maybe we can get together with @Skarpar one night, whos a high level player that you should get to know. He may also have a "Narrow minded" to trade?

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome,
I'm happy to help on T3 missions if you need a hand but won't be on much in the evening this week. I don't have a narrow minded so I can't trade you one but I know @Acegadgets needs other corrupted mods so perhaps we can do some vault runs instead - I've a number of ode keys ready for use.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome,
I'm happy to help on T3 missions if you need a hand but won't be on much in the evening this week. I don't have a narrow minded so I can't trade you one but I know @Acegadgets needs other corrupted mods so perhaps we can do some vault runs instead - I've a number of ode keys ready for use.
Sounds like a plan, I like hard missions that you might actually fail , bigger buzz than farming all the time.
Are you on day shifts this week?

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No, on evening shifts so I don't get in till about 23:30. Next week I'm on days so I should be availible most evenings.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome! We will probably not meet online in some time, I'm as addicted to BF4 as you seem to be in Warframe. But anyway, welcome!

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome! We will probably not meet online in some time, I'm as addicted to BF4 as you seem to be in Warframe. But anyway, welcome!
Ah BF4 I'd like to say I remember you fondly but I'd be lying. With 100+ hours on 360/Xbone and a measly 5 on PS4 the frustration just overcame me, as did my Warframe obsession.

I can get frustrated and "flash rage" in FPS titles when things seemingly don't go my way for a while, it's why I'm trying to play far my co-operative than competitive titles these days. Partly because I'm just too damn old to briefly act like that but mainly because co-op and helping out others in game just is more ME and much more rewarding I think. Why I'm looking forward to Destiny and The Division (Whenever it'll be released).

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello!

Appearances can be deceptive, sometimes. Bedding isn't a problem, I sleep in my car every lunchtime, walking would involve being away from Warframe so you needn't worry about that either. As for feeding from a bowl, Rice Krispies, some milk and too much sugar please :)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Destiny is also on my radar. Cant wait for that one too.

I know what you mean about BF4, but its a different game with a squad of seniors with you. Much better than the lone wolf tactics, which only get you so far. The High Frequency update is just around the corner, and it does look like theyve finally cracked it.