• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

The Next Gen

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Spotted this article & it mostly echoes my feelings this far, based on reviews & forum comments.

For the record, I do fully intend to go next-gen at a time when I can afford to do so however I do feel that until developers actually use next-gen features (looking at you The Division, I hope) then it simply isn't a priority for me:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/10/feature_why_do_next_gen_games_keep_disappointing

Incidentally, @Martok - I do completely agree with you. Playing with the Seniors online is a massive barrel of fun but until there is a title that isn't another generic FPS then I'm quite happy to wait for the prices to come down & earn some brownie points aka online time. :)

PS yes, I'm jealous of you lot!

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think Destiny is the most high profile example of the problems of next gen failures, it is the first title that cant use the excuse of having to be ready for lauch, and it is still a threadbare mish mash of idea , none of which are revolutionary and which barely work. Judging by bungies own posts on their forums , there is a huge gulf between the marketing machine and the games developers, neither seems to really be able to describe the game and where it is headed. So far next gen has been content poor, pretty , but lacking in either meaningful narrative , stabilty or personality.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been reasonably happy with my launch day purchase of a PS4, but then I'm easily pleased. It's like films, all the reviews say the films are rubbish. I watch them and think they're great. Sure there are gaping plot holes and such like but ignore those (unless it's a film based on a book I've read in which case they are inevitably ridden with inaccuracies) and they are a bit of entertainment for an hour or two.

I'd never give up my PS3 for a PS4 though. If I had to make a choice I'd have stuck with the PS3 as for me personally, the PS3 still has a lot of life left.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think this next gen has been an evolution rather than a revolution. You have to remember that pretty much all the great gaming ideas have already been done now. All we're getting is better spec rehashes to be fair.
Saying that, I love the ps4s social feed. I love nosing to see what people have been playing. I also like watching live feeds of games Im interested in, and chatting to the gamers asking what their thoughts are. I love the touch pad, light and mic which have all been utilised to great effect on some games. I like the voice commands for the camera, and how any loud sounds in the lounge can attract the alien in Alien Isolation amongst many other things. But most of all I love how beautiful some of the games are.
Im chuffed with the ps4 too.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I love my ps4, but it does need many more racing games on it.

I love my ps3 too. As I rather use that for Netflix, iPlayer etc. blu-rays I have a stand alone player now.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, this wasn't intended as a bashing btw - more just trying to make myself better. ;)

Totally agree with everything said though @Slaine - I hope you are wrong, I think AAA developers just need to start being more creative, take a few leaves out of the indie scene however given the investment involved, I can understand why most play it safe!