• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi The next Battlefield game?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Battlefield 4 isn't even fixed properly yet (although, if any Warframers are reading this, it's all perfect!) and it looks as though EA / DICE are about to announce a new BF game, probably at E3.

There was a major update to Battlelog today, and some people have been looking at code and have apparently found stuff.

This info has come from Battlefield Daily on twitter, but I have put it together here to make life easier.

So, what has been found?

Firstly, the initials - BFH.

BFH-1.png

Some images have also appeared.

Potential medals?

BFH-2.png

Potential Ribbons?

BFH-3.png

It certainly looks as though this is tying up with a 'Police' themed Battlefield which has been talked about recently.

So, there you go.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
More speculation / info here...

Details of the next Battlefield game, apparently titled Battlefield Hardline, have been spotted online following a new Battlelog update.

Internally code-named Havana and in development at Dead Space studio Visceral Games, the police and thieves-themed spin-off has been rumoured for some time.

A logo and artwork for Battlefield Hardline were spotted lying on EA's server, along witha set of "BFH" icons for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One (thanks, GetBlog). "BFH+" icons, presumably for those with Battlefield Premium, were also spotted.

Other fresh data included what looks like four soldier classes (Enforcer, Mechanic, Operator, Professional), references to a map ("MP_Downtown") and parts of welcome message for those signing up to the game's beta.

Named modes include Blood Money, Bomb Squad and Carrier Assault.

The update actually broke Battlelog's emblem creator - a missing icon named "Visceralskull", presumably a reference to Havana's developer, was to blame. Writing on Reddit, a DICE employee confirmed the bug.

Separately, Twitter account Battlefield Daily spotted a list of new in-game awards for Havana. The images include a skull, weapons, police handcuffs and a bag full of money.

Eurogamer previously reported that employees at the UK-based Ghost Games had been tasked with helping Visceral on the project, following EA's decision not to release a Need for Speed game this year.

Battlefield: Hardline will undoubtedly be unveiled during EA's annual press conference at E3 next month. The publisher left a conspicuous space open on its 2014 release schedule for an unannounced game set to be detailed at the event.

Eurogamer has asked EA for an official comment on the leak.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Will it include all the bloody paperwork that comes with the job? And if your on the Police side and you shoot someone, will you get stood down for a few months while its investigated?

I hope they make it as real as possible.....NOT.

Besides, isn't Warframe the next Battlefield?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Think I'll get it 2 years after release and might get the game I pay for lol nah those guys over at the Dead Space division know how to make a game and I like the idea of the police theme but kind of want Rainbow Six to be that game lol

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
BFH? Battlefield Halfarsed?
And we have a winner for the actual name of the game, bet you the grapple rope is for the devs for getting out of the whole they dug during the making ;)

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't think ill bother with this one.

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The baddies can blow up the donut shop. Sounds like a laugh, im in.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If they fix BF4 way before launch then I might be interested. I prefer my Battlefields to be military, so not sure what to make of the change. Not keen though I can tell you. Im guessing, if its all true, that its launching holiday next year. Or Christmas to the rest of the world.
You heard it here first!;)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's Battlefield: Hardline. And it's out this year.

Personally, I'm feeling very meh about this. I'm not interested in the 'Cops v Robbers' thing, plus it's EA trying to go down the COD route of a BF game every year.

One of the reasons I've been okay with getting Premium is that it is spread out over 2 years for the 'life' of the game. As broken as BF4 has been, it still owes me.

I won't be paying £50 for a game, with £40 for Premium every year.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The baddies can blow up the donut shop. Sounds like a laugh, im in.
You wash your mouth out woman. I know where you live!

Personally, I'm feeling very meh about this. I'm not interested in the 'Cops v Robbers' thing.
Why the bloody hell not? Its fun and you get better work stories. And 'toys' to bring home and show the missus......after you've disinfected them.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's Battlefield: Hardline. And it's out this year.

Personally, I'm feeling very meh about this. I'm not interested in the 'Cops v Robbers' thing, plus it's EA trying to go down the COD route of a BF game every year.

One of the reasons I've been okay with getting Premium is that it is spread out over 2 years for the 'life' of the game. As broken as BF4 has been, it still owes me.

I won't be paying £50 for a game, with £40 for Premium every year.
http://www.battlefield.com/hardline

Me too, one game every 2 years is good for me, I've no love for either cops and robbers, (bad v a little bit badder)
I'll still be playing bf4 until a decent driving game appears, hopefully gt7 but more likely driveclub

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A 'leaked' video has appeared now...

*EDIT* No longer available.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not really sure why they've called that Battlefield, it's clearly an entirely different game that just happens to use the core battlefield engine.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, that certainly didn't stay online for long!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@DrewePeacock I've edited your video in the Media Gallery (which in turn changes it in the post above) as the new link is on the DailyMotion website and we can embed videos from there as you can see. :)