• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 The Mystical Cave of Wonders

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just seen this on YouTube via Twitter. I'm off the go farming!

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
not bad, not bad at all.. see you @ the farm!

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, tried it last week gor 45 minutes.
Decent amount of drops, but very very boring and you're still depending on luck for items.
So I decided to "farm" naturally by doing the the daily and the bounties.
So far, that yielded a better result, since besides just drops you get rep, xp and of course more chests and resources.
And resources are much needed to level all that legendary stuff, together with ascended energy/shards

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I just went past that and there was about 8-10 people all shooting into the same little cave.
Looks boring as hell doing that over and over. Bet it's the same people who are doing it who are moaning that there is nothing to do.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive tried it and its even slower to level up, and as everyone says here, very very boring. It also happens to be the spot for the random event too, which is far more interesting to do than shooting into a cave.

If you're interested in levelling up then stick with bounties. You actually level up far quicker. Also try the strikes and single player missions at a really high level. Both methods net you more experience and drops than the farming method IMHO. I always go for the easy blue bounties and try to keep them in one region if possible.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't need to level up per se. I'm rank 20 and need light armour. So don't care for XP much at moment.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I just went past that and there was about 8-10 people all shooting into the same little cave.
Looks boring as hell doing that over and over. Bet it's the same people who are doing it who are moaning that there is nothing to do.
Or just sit your character next to the silly campers and go get a coffee (or snack/wine/etc) and pop back every so often to pick up your ill-gotten loot :D
I don't need to level up per se. I'm rank 20 and need light armour. So don't care for XP much at moment.
But don't forget that the xp is needed to rank all gear up and finish unlocking your subclass - and the rarer the item the more xp it needs to unlock the bonuses :shock:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
But don't forget that the xp is needed to rank all gear up and finish unlocking your subclass - and the rarer the item the more xp it needs to unlock the bonuses :shock:
And that plastiel plating or whatever it's called. Does my head in that as I never have enough of it!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you want light armour you're better off doing strike playlists, that's easily the best method of farming for blue armour with light on it as you get Rare items guaranteed as rewards.

I would suggest doing the playlist closest to but not above your level, if you can get your character to level 24 then you'll see higher end Rare armour coming through regularly with double figures on it's light rating.....and you'll also be earning yourself Vanguard reputation and Vanguard marks which will allow you to buy legendary armour from the Vanguard....this will easily get you to level 26.

At that point you may prefer to do traditional farming rather than strikes, but strikes are a solid method of getting good loot.

I'll be giving this method a try, but largely because I also want to do the public events that have a chance of giving you Ascendant Shards...of which I need 60 for my Titan character to max out my armour...which I think will make me level 30

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I did a level 18 stike with some randoms last night. I got some booties that only had +5 light but was crapper than the booties I already had equipped.
I would say you could help me with the strikes but you've already said I'm not a high enough level for you! :shock:

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would say you could help me with the strikes but you've already said I'm not a high enough level for you! :shock:
Give me a poke online if you want. I don't mind level differences if you don't.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm happy to do lower level strike playlists....I'll still get engrams.

Just don't expect me to be able to carry a rank 18 player on a rank 22 strike, it doesn't really work.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Destiny Loot Cave 2.0 - The Loot Cave Returns!

Life finds a way… to loot

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There's more ways to loot, hive mission (shoot zerg, die, respawn, repeat), cabal vs vex at the start of mars who keep spawning instantly and probably more, but still boring ;)