• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi The minions of Crota are invading this world...

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Haha excited much.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Further reading suggests that it spawns in the public event locations. It is a public event, but it's a different type and you don't get the rewards or tiers for it.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So it's similar to when the roving pikes appear or 'the enemy moves against one another'

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Picked this up twice last night, hope they do something more with it than a few simple waves of minions coming at you.

It's 'like a knife through butter' when it appears before the alert 'defeat the extraction crews'

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got it once last night. Felt like a samurai :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I saw it a few times on screen that various people had picked up the sword but never saw it.

on another note, I'm a bit pissed that they've removed the ability to sell materials. I have over 110 bits of spin metal and don't need any of it. They could have prevented people abusing it by just offering you glimmer rather than marks and rep. Who wants to buy the stuff anyway, they've just removed a big part of the grinding that was actually enjoyable.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
on another note, I'm a bit pissed that they've removed the ability to sell materials. I have over 110 bits of spin metal and don't need any of it.
Are you done with collecting gear now then? Spin metal is used in upgrading new weapons and armour....I get that you're rank 30 with one character now so if you're not planning on getting the DLC or playing with another character then you won't need spin metal for armour upgrades, but you may get a weapon that uses spin metal for upgrading.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Are you done with collecting gear now then? Spin metal is used in upgrading new weapons and armour....I get that you're rank 30 with one character now so if you're not planning on getting the DLC or playing with another character then you won't need spin metal for armour upgrades, but you may get a weapon that uses spin metal for upgrading.
Got as far as I can with the Titan for now and the Hunter I have doesn't need any spin metal and neither do any of my guns. It's all Helium filaments and Spirit Bloom that I need. I usually just sell all the spin metal I get. I've not had a single bit of armour that has ever needed spin metal and only 1 gun that does which I don't use 'cos it's that crappy exotic shotgun which will be the first thing that goes when I need a crappy exotic shard.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got as far as I can with the Titan for now and the Hunter I have doesn't need any spin metal and neither do any of my guns. It's all Helium filaments and Spirit Bloom that I need. I usually just sell all the spin metal I get. I've not had a single bit of armour that has ever needed spin metal and only 1 gun that does which I don't use 'cos it's that crappy exotic shotgun which will be the first thing that goes when I need a crappy exotic shard.
Have you got Ice Breaker yet? That uses spin metal.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Have you got Ice Breaker yet? That uses spin metal.
It depends on the item drop.

I believe there's randomisation when a weapon/armour drops for you as to which collectable resource is required for upgrade.

I've had two Ice Breakers, one needed Helium, the other needed Spirit Bloom.

Unless you are done with collecting items across all your characters (i.e. done with the game entirely) then keep any collectables as you may need them.

I just wish you could sell weapon parts!!! I have well over 1000 just on my Titan.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I believe there's randomisation when a weapon/armour drops for you as to which collectable resource is required for upgrade.
Ahh right, I didn't know that. Obviously mine needed spin metal! :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ahh right, I didn't know that. Obviously mine needed spin metal! :)
Mine needs helium filaments......
I have nearly 200 bits of plasteel plating for my Titan as well and lord knows how many weapon parts.
It's annoying that you can only discard your unwanted crap and not sell or trade it with other players. I'll hord it all in the vault. I still need some legendary gauntlets for the hunter so i'll see if I can buy some that need spin metal.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think I'm still pissed about wasting vanguard marks when I tried selling spin metal before realising that It had changed and I was buying it!!

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I need spin metal desperately. Do you fancy helping me farm for some @Plaxinator ? :)