PS3 The last PS3 game I'll ever buy.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Unless I win the lottery, I will be sticking with the PS3 and PC for a good few months after the PS4 is launched.
I still intend on getting Grand theft Auto V, Battlefield 4 and Gran Turisimo 6 could well be the last one on 6th dec. After that, not so sure if I'll get any more new PS3 games. I'll probably end up getting a PS4 in the summer of 2014.
Are there any good games for the PS3 coming out in early 2014 or has all the development gone into next gen games.
What will be the last new PS3 games that you will be purchasing?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mine will be either GTA5 if I can afford it, or BF4 on the proviso that I can upgrade to the PS4 version for basically the difference between the versions of the game.

Even if I had plenty of cash to spend I doubt i'd be buying much else on the PS3 now...I'd maybe get the Dark Souls games after recently becoming a little bit addicted to Demon's Souls, but those aren't new games.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I've bought Payday 2 to keep me busy untill GTA5 is released. I like it so much that I won't be trading it in on 17 September.
GTA5 will be the last one I buy. With the twins on the way my hard earned cash will be needed elsewhere I'm afraid. But what I've seen so far this game will keep me occupied for a long long time.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive said I wont be buying any new games, but the other day the wife bought me 4 really cheap ps3 games. Ghost Recon, Resident Evil 6, Modern Warfare 3, and Max Payne 3. To be honest, there's so many games going cheap now. I dont want to make my shelf of shame any bigger, but its hard not too at some of these prices being offered. The trouble is the ps+ freebies have also been so good recently, which makes me not to want to spend any more money as I dont want to duplicate any games we get. Anyway, good time to be a ps3 owner, whether you want to sit back with ps+ or buy cheaply

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Well @Acegadgets wife has sold most of my pile of shame for me as i have the digital copies thanks to PS+ probably wont get anymore PS3 games as i still have hundreds (Over Exaggeration as usual) to play and will keep me in gaming for months to come. Just finished my first PS+ game Infamous 2 although i have started some i will never play again (Vanquish) I still think i have enough gaming going on for now. GTA isnt my #1 priority with the PS4 around the corner along with Christmas and Birthdays money wont stretch as much as it used to.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sort of thinking Assassins Creed 3 will be my last. Everything else I will probably get for the PS4 when we get one (whether thats release day or not credit card willing).

Only issue is, can PS4 BF4 players play on the same server as PS3 players?

Roll on GTA5, GT6, Assassins Creed 4, etc etc.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sort of thinking Assassins Creed 3 will be my last. Everything else I will probably get for the PS4 when we get one (whether thats release day or not credit card willing).

PS4 and PS3 gamers won't play together. There's different numbers supported on each console for starters (24 on PS3, 64 on PS4).

GTA5 and GT6 haven't been announced for the PS4 - you may want to pick them up for the PS3 or wait a long time for these to appear on the PS4, if at all.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

I'm sure I just got Ass Creed 3 from PS+ for free.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah its on PS+ at the moment, great game well worth pick up.