The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 The Last Of Us

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by mick, 2 Apr 2013.

1. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    I am so looking forward to this, like the look of it the more I see it. Hopefully NaughtyDog will do a great job of it, its also out 3 days before my Birthday which is a bonus :oldgamer:

2. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
  3. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Got my copy on pre-order :D

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Finally had time to watch these videos.

All I can say is, wow! Definitely on my 'to buy' list! :D

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Cancelled my pre order just don't have the time to play the games I have so buying new ones on release will be idiotic

6. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I know how you feel, i've 6 or 7 games downloaded recently that I barely play.

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Ace I need to bring some old games to yours to sell I dint have the time and I know you and P like doing that sort of thing ;)

8. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    As long as I get 50% commision then no problem.
    I actually have a job lot of PC control pads to list on eBay and put on my Acegadgets website during my few hours of free time on Sunday. Might put a link on here. Which gives me an idea. How about a swap shop / items for sale thread?

9. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    I like the idea of swap shops but they seem to fall flat. Need to ebay some stuff of my own.

10. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    The Last of Us development series, episode 1: Hush
    [​IMG]

A few weeks ago we revealed the Infected and let select media get some hands-on time against these unpredictable, fungus-infested humans. The responses were tension-filled and fantastic. We’re excited to share more information with you about The Last of Us and the Infected.

Starting with this video we’re kicking off a series that will pull back the curtain on the design, the technology, and the ideas that shape The Last of Us. We want to give you a straightforward look at our development process and the work we do here at Naughty Dog.

We invited Area 5 to visit the studio and capture the development process. Along the way we’ll be unpacking the many different aspects of the game and its development with a documentarian’s approach.

This first video is just a taste of what’s coming up. Extended cuts of these videos will be available via the game disc. We’ll have more behind-the-scenes access and content as we march towards 14th June and the launch of The Last of Us.

Source: EU Playstation Blog

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    The Last of Us development series episode 2: Wasteland Beautiful

In our first video in The Last of Us development series we took a look at the Infected. We explored their unpredictable nature, what the Cordyceps fungus has done to these humans, and how we as developers worked some plausible science about infection into the game.
    Area 5 returned to the studio to discover how we created the game world. The second video in the series looks at what went into the concept and design of the world and its environments in The Last of Us. Check it out:

The key word for the development of every aspect in The Last of Us is contrast. There’s a counterpoint to nearly every detail in the game and we strive to show as much beauty as the ugly, brutal realities of the world allow. We think you’ll find our wasteland beautiful once you get into the game world in just a couple months.

Our next video in the series will explore the crafting and scavenging gameplay mechanics. An in-depth documentary on the game disc will contain an expanded look at all the content in these videos. The Last of Us will be available on PlayStation 3 from 14th June 2013.

12. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    The Last of Us development series ep. 3: ‘Death and Choices’

We took a look at the Infected in our first video in The Last of Us Development series. We then explored the game world and nature’s reclamation of civilisation as we know it in our second video, Wasteland Beautiful. Our third video, Death and Choices, investigates what it means to be a survivor in the world of The Last of Us and how Joel and Ellie cope with the harsh realities of post-pandemic society. Watch it now:​

Survival is moment to moment in the world of The Last of Us. There are stark consequences to every decision that’s made and if Joel and Ellie want to survive they’ll need to scavenge the environment for every possible advantage. Learning to craft more potent weapons from makeshift materials or take defensive precautions using found objects will be critical to their continued survival.

Up next, our penultimate video in the series will spotlight the combat mechanics and the intimate nature of conflict in The Last of Us. The in-depth documentary we have been creating grew so large that we are currently seeking a unique way to distribute it. We’ll have details about how you can get the feature-length documentary of the making of The Last of Us in the coming months. The Last of Us will be available 14th June 2013.

13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I'm considering cancelling my pre order, I don't have much spare time now and when I do I still have a huge backlog to contend with :(

14. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    There are some awesome beards at Naughty Dog. Some really nice touches coming together in this title. Live crafting happens in quite a few other titles but I like the fact that they've thought about it and given you part of the screen so you can still see what's going on around you.

15. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Sony Blog have just announced that there will be a Live Stream this Friday (24th May) at 19:30 BST. The stream itself will feature exclusive interviews and gameplay footage together with audience driven Q&A through tweeting @PSAccess with the hashtag #TheLastofUsLive

Source : Playstation Blog

16. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Here's the details about the Live Stream from the EU PS Blog:

The Last of Us livestream this Friday

[​IMG]
    Hi PlayStation.Blog! It’s been a busy few weeks making all of the arrangements, but we’re excited to confirm that Access PlayStation, GAME and IGN have teamed up to host a fantastic community event forNaughty Dog’s latest PlayStation 3 exclusive, The Last of Us.

Those of you who follow us on Facebook and Twitter may have noticed that over the last few weeks we’ve been giving you a chance to win tickets to this money-can’t-buy experience.

Sadly not everyone can win a spot, but the good news is that we’ll be livestreaming the entire event across PlayStation Blog, GAME.co.uk and IGN.com. Tune in to watch exclusive interviews with Naughty Dog, see a live gameplay demo from the team and take part in our live Q&A with not only the Naughty Dog team, but also Hollywood actress Ashley Johnson, the voice of Ellie.

Tune into the livestream on the PlayStation Blog at 19:30 BST on Friday 24th May. For those of you who want to submit questions to the Naughty Dog team, you can do so on the night by tweeting @PSAccess with the hashtag #TheLastofUsLive. Anyone who has their question selected will also win a goodie bag.
    For more on Naughty Dog’s latest, head on over to our official The Last of Us site.

We hope to see you tuning in on the night!

17. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Ive got a demo of this (well I will do on 31st May) that came with God Of War. I'll post up my thoughts here once played.

18. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I am trying to resist this game, but i've a weeks holiday when its released so it could be difficult not to buy it.

19. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I've just watched a demo playthrough on Youtube. Is this game basically Uncharted 4 In a different wrapper? I think the SP Looks fantastic apart from the stupid shoulder swap shit.

20. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    No, definitely not Uncharted in a different wrapper. It's a survival game where resources are scarce and what you pick up can be crafted into different things, both offensive and defensive. All of which is done 'live' - no pausing to make things, it's all done in-game so pick a quiet corner to prepare your things or get attacked by baddies!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice