• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 The Last of Us Remastered: First Details, Pre-Order Info

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Late last month, an executive from Sony's Eurasian division let slip that The Last of Us would be coming to PlayStation 4. It was as obvious as the day is long that this executive wasn't mistaken (remember how Gran Turismo 6 leaked?), but Sony was mum on the port. Until now.

After PlayStation Network leaked the game this morning (and after Amazon posted it for pre-order), Sony finally broke its silence.

The Last of Us Remastered is a port of arguably PlayStation 3's best game. The Last of Us on PS4 will run in 1080p, "with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements." TLoU Remastered will also include a director's commentary for every in-game cinematic.

Additionally, The Last of Us Remastered comes with DLC, including the Left Behind single-player expansion, the Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack, and the Reclaimed Territories map pack (more on the latter is promised soon).

Pre-ordering The Last of Us Remastered at a participating brick and mortar retailer, you will get 100 Supply Points for Factions mode, bonus skins for Joel and Ellie, increased crafting and healing speeds in the campaign, and increased reload speed and clip capacity for select weapons. Pre-ordering on the PlayStation Store will net players early access to the Brawler Survival Skill, additional loadout points, and some costume components, all for use in Factions Mode.

If you want to learn more about The Last of Us on PlayStation 3 while you wait for it to arrive on PlayStation 4 this summer, read our review, watch the video review embedded above, and learn about how it won IGN's 2013 Game of the Year.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cool, I've not got round to playing it on PS3 but looks like it's definitely worth picking up on the PS4!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Me too. Ive got my sons copy without the online pass, so itll be nice to play a full shiny versoon.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Loved this game (still haven't completed it either, doh!). So probably won't buy a PS4 version, nice for those who haven't though.

I really want to see a Naughty Dog PS4 game though if I'm honest. Given the number of departures lately I hope they can still deliver.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Shopto has it as end of June. 27th I think. Just preordered.;)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
27th June? I'm gonna duck out of the meet and play this instead. ;)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I still have it on my ps3 so no point in getting it again lol

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have it on PS3 and not finished it so ill probably pick up the PS4 version with all pretty graphics and the extras and stuff, cos im a mug like that :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just started playing this today. Not sure it'll be worth paying full price to play on PS4 if you still have a PS3.

Graphics are very impressive for the old PS3, although it does sound like some kind of aircraft is in my living room as the old girl struggles to keep cool under all that work.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony mulls The Last of Us PS4 discount for PS3 owners
"We're looking into the business model."

Sony is considering a discount for owners of The Last of Us on PlayStation 3 who also buy the upcoming PlayStation 4 version.

Writing on the EU PlayStation blog, Naughty Dog's Eric Monacelli responded to a fan question regarding a discount for those who had already splashed out on the PS3 game (and perhaps also a season pass) less than a year ago.

"We're looking into the business model for all this and will post about this once we have input from all regions", he explained.

Some fans have criticised Sony's decision to sell the game for full price on PlayStation 4 - £49.99 in the UK - so soon after the release of the initial game.

As well as including all of the game's DLC, the Remastered edition will also include higher resolution character models and textures plus improved shadows and lighting.

A commentary track from creative director Neil Druckmann and lead actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson will also be included.

Source: Eurogamer

I'd consider getting this if there was an upgrade option at a reasonable price.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It would be nice if they could implement some kind of system to recognise your progress through the game too. For example, I've played through the campaign once on PS3, but haven't gone through for the replay. It would be cool if I could just 'replay' the PS4 version based on my current progress.

I realise I made the same point twice then. I'm tired, and my brain (such as it is) is not working yet. :D

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive scrapped my preorder now. As my son repeatedly kept saying to me "why am I getting this again over Sniper Elite?". Was a bit silly, but I'm old so I'm allowed the odd mad moment.:crazy:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just pre-ordered this from GAME. Had £14.32 reward points to spend, and some money left in my PayPal account from when I sold my PSP so thought I'd treat myself. Never ordered from GAME online before so we shall see how it goes.