PS3 The Last of Us Livestream from 7.30pm

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Watch a recording of the livestream here!

Tonight, Friday 24th May at 7.30pm BST is The Last of Us livestream event presented by PlayStation Access with GAME and IGN UK.

The event will include exclusive interviews with Naughty Dog, a live gameplay demo from the team and a Q&A session with both the Naughty Dog team and Hollywood actress Ashley Johnson, the voice of Ellie.

Twitter users can submit questions to the Naughty Dog team, you can do so by tweeting @PSAccess with the hashtag #TheLastofUsLive. Anyone who has their question selected will also win a fantastic goodie bag!

Discuss it here with the Senior Gamers!

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wasn't going to watch this but i found out Hollie Bennett from Access is one of the hosts and shes cute (perv I know) that and i can't be bothered to play any games lately so i've got nothing else to do

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Heh, nice positive affirmations there @farfromsane :D

We're watching it a bit behind live because we had technical issues at our end. Plus they started it 15 minutes earlier than announced. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's lovely to hear that Ellie isn't an AI burden and can handle herself but is also not invincible. I had my fears about her being a burden as current gen AI's often are.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
you nailed that guy, sooooo funny.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Heh, so the tension of the movie "No Country For Old Men" is what inspired the creation of the IP as the developer realised he'd never really seen a game so palpably tense. I think we can presume that he has played the likes of Resident Evil and Silent Hill but I wonder if we're going to have a different emotional pressure due to Ellie as the story expands.

EDIT : Actually I wonder if it'll be the emotional terror similar to the Walking Dead tv show.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Holy poo, the enviroments within that first battle, the flow and the brutality of the AI is superb! Looks difficult and very much thinking on your feet. Each AI reacting to you taking down one of their own.

you nailed that guy, sooooo funny.
Ah, that's the bit we just got to.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I noticed after that first battle once stuff had been scavenged that the player repaired his melee weapon as well as crafting a molotov.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Interesting, so the game takes place over the course of a year, so we'll see different environments. I guess we'll see a range of weather too.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh cute voice acting. Ellie talking the piss out of Joel at the end of the demo mimicking his voice.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So, there are two demos available by the sound of it. The first is available to download from the PS Store next week by those folks who purchased God of War : Ascension. The second version of the demo will be available from Game during their store lockins which may also be happening next week. I'll find out and post more details.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So carrying on with the AI apparently the construction of their procedures took 3 years to get working as they wanted them to work and on a good few occasions they wondered about chopping Ellie because they felt that maybe they couldn't achieve what they wanted.

kencanvey

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ahh poo had to do something else and missed this !!! :errno:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Multiplayer was touched on briefly suggesting that they feel they succeeded in retaining the atmosphere of the single player in the MP. So with that small statement I wonder if it's fair to speculate that it'll be a step away from the standard fair of respawn shooter limiting lives to help increase the tension and value of life.

kencanvey

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It looks good .... and I might be interested ... but will have to wait and see !!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wasnt going to buy anymore full price PS3 games other than the new gran turisimo, but the more I see about this game the more I like it. I think this would make a good fathers day present, and I'm on holiday the day it is released.
Best price i've found so far is £34.99 from Grainger games, who have a lot of stores up here, so i could send the bairn out at midnight to pick it up for my (early) fathers day pressy.

TalllPaul

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I won't be getting this but I am looking forward to the GOWA demo.