PS3 The Last Of Us demo review

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Quite short, but oh my god!!! Definitely one of the creepiest games Ive ever played (previously this title went to Condemned).:shock: After numerous deaths I started to realise that my character isnt as strong as I thought, and despite having a gun the Infected can take quite a few bullets. These bad boys are akin to 28 Days Later zombies, and can move and attack very very fast. The crafting menu has a Tomb Raider (recent reboot) feel to it, as is very slick and easy to use. But its the graphics. My son said this too; The Last Of Us has the very best graphics of any game on any system Ive ever seen. Its a very pretty game, despite the demo level being set in the dark.

From the little Ive seen of this game, it has a lot in common with a lot of games :-
  • Condemned - for the fear factor
  • Assassins Creed - the stealth & parkour felt instantly familiar
  • Uncharted - not as many bright and shiny colours; very grim and dark. But you can see some heritage here.
  • Tomb Raider - menu overlays and the crafting
What Im trying to illustrate here is it isnt another Uncharted in a different skin. Very far from it, and is its own game.

After the demo theres a trailer then it leaps to the Store to pre-order.

I cannot recommend this enough. My son has been nonchalant about the game since its announcement, despite being an Uncharted fan like myself. He played the demo then immediately ordered the game from Amazon, much to my glee as Im skint!!!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I looked in the uk and us stores last night after twitters about the demo but it wasnt there. Is it easy to find now?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I looked in the uk and us stores last night after twitters about the demo but it wasnt there. Is it easy to find now?
It's only available to those who bought God of War: Ascension.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Only 2 weeks to go, its nice to hear that it sounds like its going to be a corker.

TalllPaul

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am hard to please, for me it was good but nothing making go "wow".