• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi The Iron Banner - Forge your legend in the fires of the crucible

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Forge your legend in the fires of the crucible
The Iron Banner (Oct 7 - Oct 14)

Champions are born in battle. Enter a special Crucible playlist and wage war in a Fireteam of six Guardians. Prove your might and earn the respect of the Lords of Iron.

Level advantages are ENABLED! :shock:

Equip your most powerful gear. The Attack and Defense ratings for your weapons and your armor will be crucial to victory.

Complete special Iron Banner Bounties to gain reputation with the Iron Lords. Earn new gear as evidence of your prowess.

Reputation Rank 1:
Unlocks Iron Banner Emblem and Shaders
Emblem and Shader each provide stacking 10% boosts to Iron Banner reputation gains

Reputation Rank 2:
Unlocks Iron Banner Class Items
Class Item provides stacking 10% boost to Iron Banner reputation gains

Reputation Rank 3:
Unlocks Iron Banner Armor Items
Unlocks additional Iron Banner Emblems and Shaders

The Iron Banner Image (Unofficial slice and rejoin attempt)

Source: http://www.bungie.net/en/event/ironbanner

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
6 of us should get together and play this. We'd annihilate the opposing team.
Certainly give the GU a drubbing, as most people play without comms and favour lone wolf tactics. Unless we bump into another clan of course!!:lol:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I need a team to play crucible with me this weekend, do you guys have a select few weapons just for crucible.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I need a team to play crucible with me this weekend, do you guys have a select few weapons just for crucible.
An auto rifle is probably your best bet to start off with. I always go with primary as auto rifle, secondary as shotgun and heavy as machine gun. Sometimes I'll use a hand cannon as my primary but you pretty much get outgunned and die a lot using that. Some maps you can get away with using a sniper as your secondary.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I normally use an auto rifle, but have started using a hand cannon. From what I understand impact plays a good part in it even though level doesn't matter.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
With my perfect aim :roll: I used a rocketlauncher (2-shot version) as heavy weapon to get the kills I needed.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks guys so no weapons are really op but for firing AR is the best.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I managed to get to Iron Banner rank 4 last night. Bought some gauntlets which look really swanky so should get to rank 30 shortly.

Really enjoyed the Iron Banner this time round. I totally annihilated people with my Suros auto rifle. Was usually 1st or 2nd place most games. Managed to get the kill 10 people without dying bounty a couple of times.