1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

The green one approaches

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Spruijt, 29 Jun 2012.

1. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Howdo all,

My name is Jeroen and coming to you live from The Netherlands. I am 31 years of age and work at Intertoys Holland BV. The best and biggest toystore chain in Holland. I run a store located in Horst and I'm about to go back to school to get my bachelors degree in Business Engineering.

I've been made aware of SNR by the founders, Martok and HaloJ on Facetube. Due to recent developments and real life taking up most of my time nowadays, I'm looking for a clan that supports the fun in playing games but doesn't feel the need to dictate the how and when I have to play.

My first contact with games was at the age of 6 and I've been hooked ever since. I bought a NES with my first paycheck and I've owned a Gameboy, Sega GameGear, SNES, PS1 and PS2 after that. Currently I have a PS3 which is worth every penny so far. Made a lot of friends online, but never met them personally (yet ;) )

I like playing all kinds of games, from shooters to racers. Dirt showdown, GTA4 and Socom being the popular titles for me at this moment. Looking for a cheap copy of Starhawk as well ;) I game for fun and to get away from the routine of real life. Like winning, but don't mind losing. The best times I've had online was when nobody looked at the scoreboard and went to bed with a sore jaw because we've had a good laugh.

Let the probing commence...

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Spruijt!!!

3. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Aright Sprouty :D

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the new site, Spruijt. :)

We've known each other for a while now and one of my lasting memories of you is you sniping me on Battlefield Bad Company 2. :evil: :lol:

Playing games since you were 6?! They didn't have them when I was that age, it was well before the days of the home computer. :grandpa: I know you're over 25 but out of interest, how old are you know? Curious to know how long you've been gaming.

I've noticed that you're a bit of a driver with those games you listed. I tend to play FPS and action adventure myself, I haven't really played a driving game since Burnout Paradise. I can't remember if you have BF3? If so it'd be good to see you on there sometime. Also Starhawk too at some point. ;)

So, it sounds like you may be after full membership (Senior Citizen) if I am correct? There's a bit about what this entails in the About section if you've not seen that yet.

Anyway, it's great to see you on here and I hope to see you online soon. :)

5. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hello everyone, like seeing those familiar faces again :wave: .

Martok mate, I think you're getting older as I thought. I'm 31, which I stated in my introduction. But hey, I don't blame ya, I'm glad you remembered a few things at all ;). Loved sniping you on bad company, but I can rememebr some skillfull kills on your part as well.

I'm a racefan for sure, but that's because I'm not totally shit at it. I don't really play shooters that much any more. Don't know why, maybe my reaction times are getting slow. Loved Brink and Bulletstorm though. I have BF3 but haven't played it in a long while. Must pick that up again soon, because it's a cracking game.

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    You did indeed, I do apologise for missing that. :oops:

So, who are you again? ;)

Yes, do pick up BF3 again and we'll have a runaround with you. I'm sure your reaction times are better than mine seeing as I'm 14 years older than you. :grandpa:

Do pick up BF3 again, it's a much better game since the big patch earlier this year which fixed the comms and the myriad of bugs that were on there. We've started playing it again recently and are enjoying it again. If you do, you can also find our BF3 clan here.

Good man going for full membership, I'll do web tinkery bit in a minute and sort that for you. In return, we'd be grateful if you would sport the [SNR] tag in your online games so that others can find ther way over here.

Welcome aboard, Spruijt! :thumbup:

7. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I dont think dutch people should be allowed in here, They are way too cool , probably due to thier Shmoking and drinking habits. They are also really way too good at games, over friendly, too tall and speak better english than I do.
    God I wisjh i had been born dutch

8. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Has anyone else noticed that Martok's senility is getting worse and that he is now also repeating himself as well as completely forgetting facts that he has already read? :lol:

9. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    I'll have to get you to nurse me better this evening then. ;) :P

10. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Cheers lovely people, I feel at home already /takes off trousers.

And Ace: haha, I'm in ;)

I'll be picking up BF3 asap.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    You're more than welcome, though please put your trousers back on, the glare from those white legs is blinding! :lol:

Feel free to use the chat system to say hello to folk and to jump into the chatroom if you wish. :)

12. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi Sprout i just realised we haven't played together in some time and im missing you maybe i should get my thumb out and get Showdown i think i did promise to get it once i had spare monies.

13. ZXstampie

ZXstampie Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    ZXstampie
    Welcome along my Green friend :mrgreen:

14. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Miss you too JK, you Geordie git ;). Showdown would be even more fun when a few others join in.
    Perhaps some good old shooter fun in the near future?

Hey Stampy, long time no see. Will be picking up BF3 soon so you can stab me in the back again ;) (wouldn't have it any other way)

15. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Ok you twisted my arm I ordered showdown :D

16. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    :thumbup: :bow:

17. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hello Spruijt, look to see you online. I only have a few racers due to a potty mouth when I get behind a (virtual) wheel.

18. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Wouldn't have it any other way sweetheart ;)

19. Alien_Chick

Alien_Chick Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Alien_Chick
    Hi hun, glad to see you on here too :) Hope you enjoy your degree, it sounds brilliant. Hope to catch you on burnout soon (but please don't take me out too often as I'm a bit rusty.....not that I am any good anyway ha ha

20. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    I'll go easy on you for a while sweety. Good to see you found the new place. Fancy joining?