The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

The Gadget Show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by realjoewilcox, 30 Jul 2018.

1. realjoewilcox

realjoewilcox Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    realjoewilcox
    Hello there,

My name is Joe and I am a researcher for a production company called North One Television and I work on Channel 5 series The Gadget Show and I am an avid gamer.

We have begun production over the past few weeks for the new series coming October. We have a segment about gaming peripherals and wondered if anyone would be interested in taking part. The premise of the item will be to get 3 pieces of tech and see how they help with gaming and whether these items can give you an edge especially over the younger gamers! So far we have lined up an LG gaming monitor and a GT Racing chair and are trying to source some other peripherals like controllers, headphones, speakers and such. Ideally we would film this item within the next two weeks.

Would this be something that anyone would be interested in?

I would love any feedback or even any suggestions that anyone has found useful to boost their gaming!

I hope this is OK to post in the forum, any issues then please delete!

Thanks,
    Joe

Martok and Pafkes like this.
  2. Pafkes

Pafkes Wait for it
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Pafkes
    Hi Joe,

The one thing I learned over the years of intense gaming is,
    I cannot deceive my age with extra peripherals.
    Younger gamers have an advantage over older gamers (speed, reaction time, quicker learning,..), honestly I don't see how extra peripherals could change this.

I'm happy with a decent monitor and a good headset.
    In some games the headset is a definite advantage over normal tv speakers.

Good luck with your show!

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome, @realjoewilcox :wave:

Joe also contacted me directly via the SNR contact form, to which I will respond shortly. I will check to see what age of 'Senior' gamers that The Gadget Show is after, seeing as most of us aren't actually senior citizens! I'll post back here if I get a response before Joe posts on here.

Grooooog likes this.
  4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    I've contacted @realjoewilcox and he has responded. Apparently they are after gamers who are 50+ years old and have grey hair and ideally wrinkles! :oldgamer: It appears that this is the stereotype (that's what I'm calling it anyway) that they want for this feature.

I have pointed out that there's not so many of us that are 50+ and for those of us who are, we aren't necessarily grey-haired (well not much anyway) nor wrinkled! I've also pointed out that many of us aren't too shabby at video games either seeing as we've been gaming for quite a few years (decades in the case of some of us).

Anyway, if you think you fit the bill and would be interested in starring in The Gadget Show in the UK, then please say so and we can take it from there. :)

Grooooog likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice