Multi The Division's Endgame Is About To Get A Lot of New Stuff

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Kotaku

As part of a livestream—the archive is right here—the company revealed a bunch of changes coming to The Division’s endgame.

First and foremost, there’s incursions, which seem similar to Destiny’s raids. These extremely difficult challenges can be played over and over again for more loot, and require players to work together to have any chance of surviving. The first incursion, set in water treatment facility hidden in the sewers, will go live with the game’s big update on April 12.

A big reason the incursion might kick your ass? No checkpoints!

The gameplay Ubisoft showed didn’t highlight the kinds of unique mechanics and situations Destiny’s raids have become known for, instead focusing on fighting off waves of enemies. However, the developers promised there were tricks to the encounter, stuff they didn’t want to spoil.

One key difference with The Division is that players are allowed to use matchmaking for incursions. The incursion’s default difficulty, hard mode, will have a “recommended” gear level to ensure people don’t get wrecked when they try it, while a required gear level for “challenge” difficulty.

Gear level? Yep, The Division is adopting a system similar to Destiny’s light level. (I think this is standard in most MMOs, though?) Even though the level cap is 30, players can acquire gear that essentially pushes them past level 30. During matchmaking, the game checks your inventory, so players can’t lie about gear level, and people are getting matched appropriately.

There are a bunch of other small but important changes, too:
  • Gear sets are being hidden throughout the game, via loot and blueprints, and equipping a certain number of pieces will get you a unique talent. (Individual gear set pieces will not have talents.)
  • Players will be able to trade items with one another, but only within the group that generated the drops, and with a two-hour time limit. In the dark zone, players must head to a gate in order to trade items.
  • A new daily mission system, assignments, are meant as “bite-sized” experiences, such as killing 10 cleaner enemies.
  • The dark zone is getting hourly supply drops, where high-level gear will drop somewhere in the area, and only the first group there can have it. It’ll be surrounded by high-level enemies, though.

Solo-nite

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am looking forward to this update

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to collect the season pass content drops? Not the free gear and weapons that we got at the start.

I logged on yesterday and got a message in the top right corner telling me something about
season pass content has been delivered, but didnt catch were it had been delivered to.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to collect the season pass content drops? Not the free gear and weapons that we got at the start.

I logged on yesterday and got a message in the top right corner telling me something about
season pass content has been delivered, but didnt catch were it had been delivered to.
It's from the same guy at the back of the base and the 2nd or 3rd tab along. I got Darkzone keys as part of the season pass.

I can't believe how good this game is. I'm nearly 100 hours in and it's getting better. Even all the hours I've played with random has been brilliant and not one bad experience and everyone working together.

Solo-nite

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's from the same guy at the back of the base and the 2nd or 3rd tab along. I got Darkzone keys as part of the season pass.

I can't believe how good this game is. I'm nearly 100 hours in and it's getting better. Even all the hours I've played with random has been brilliant and not one bad experience and everyone working together.
Do you get much with season pads I am not sure to wait til paid dlc comes out

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Do you get much with season pads I am not sure to wait til paid dlc comes out
The season pass video looks interesting but not sure how much content it will be. At the moment it's drip feeding small things like Darkzone keys. Most folk I know picked up the one day Amazon deal of £49.99 for the gold edition. Seems bargain of the year now that the season pass is £30 on its own.

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah i got 3 dark zone keys, from the season pass content.
I hit lvl 30 this morning aswell, any tips from you veteran lvl 30 would be helpful

Solo-nite

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah i got 3 dark zone keys, from the season pass content.
I hit lvl 30 this morning aswell, any tips from you veteran lvl 30 would be helpful
Grats I hit lv30 today as well

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I made a killing last night in the DZ, the drop rate is much more improved in the new update managed to fill all the gear slots with yellow gear :woot:

Whilst everyone is busy with incursions the DZ is much more quieter.

I'm starting to regret creating 2 additional lvl 30 characters as the weekly and daily challenges are available for each character, i feel compelled to complete them for each one. :shock:

The incursions look fairly do-able in hard mode we'll just need to be a little less reckless when we throw our selves at the enemy ... no names mentioned, you know who you are.

Last edited:

Solo-nite

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yea I got some cool loot from DZ last night as well some yellows and 1 sniper gear set gloves which was confusing lol as the loot glow was green but a different type of green. So if you are in the DZ make sure to check your green drops as it could be the new gear set.

The description writing of loot is in green as well (not the standard white writing as normal).

So keep an eye out.

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I managed to buy some of the new lvl 25 yellow blueprints from the safe room vendors, got myself a nice 11K damage pistol 8-)

Solo-nite

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I managed to buy some of the new lvl 25 yellow blueprints from the safe room vendors, got myself a nice 11K damage pistol 8-)
My M4 with the mods on is running at 70k DPS and it's a purple lol

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
wow............ i am still only on about 25k on my primary weap