PS4 The Division. Thoughts & opinions

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sticking with Destiny. It has come on in leaps and bounds and I have a sound set of fellow guardians to loot and pillage with on a daily basis now.
I'm sure The Division is a cracking game, I just can't be arsed with more than one time consuming game.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I hear Ubisoft are disappointed that there are not as many rogue agents as they'd like. Apparently they are going to try and address this. TBH taking on level 32 enemies is enough for me without contending with a group of real people gunning for me too. Ive yet to actually meet a rogue agent, and it's always the npcs who kill me in the dark zone. Still it's very creepy and scarey going in by yourself.
I bought the gold edition, so I'm committed to the dlc. Having watched IGN glitch their way out of the map and go to Central Park, I'm still very excited. I also only need 69 collectibles, which sounds a lot but at least its less than 293!!
No regrets about getting it. Im planning to cane it this weekend to see how many more trophies I can pick up.
And @Martok mad sk1llz mate, mad sk1llz.;)

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Last nights session with @Sportsvee and @HERMAN_JELMET was fun, but it seems that when you group up (Vee was lvl27, Herm lvl 23 and I was a paltry 16) the foes are geared towards the mid or highest leveled chap. So my M60 was emptying its clip in head shots to drop one guy. and the other guys were able to drop them a bit quicker.

Plus I was getting one shotted quite often, so distracting the chaps with me constantly needing resurrection. I think I killed 3 or 4 chaps in total and resurrected Sportsvee once, but did feel like I was maybe holding them back as I was the 3 legged dog that probably needed putting down rather than kept alive ;)

I finished the level with them, but my backpack was full of goodies and I had leveled up and got lots of tech points to spend, so dropped out and spent the rest of the evening twiddling with my skills, talents and unlocking the tech option that allows you to roll different abilities on items.

Its good that this community has enough people so some can play BF4, others Destiny, others Division and me and Slaine can still play Minecraft without too much derision!

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No one told you you need skill for this game.... It's not listed in requirements on the back of the box.

Right, that's it then, I'm off.

If it helps I'm now lvl 29 and have a second character at lvl 4 so I can play with @Bloodfairy.

Always happy to have you @c00ky (or anyone) on board for a game. Even if I have to do your comms for you as well. As @HERMAN_JELMET said, it's about playing with others, even if it's just collecting stuff.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I hear Ubisoft are disappointed that there are not as many rogue agents as they'd like
I feel a calling from the dark side

Last nights session with @Sportsvee and @HERMAN_JELMET was fun, but it seems that when you group up (Vee was lvl27, Herm lvl 23 and I was a paltry 16) the foes are geared towards the mid or highest leveled chap. So my M60 was emptying its clip in head shots to drop one guy. and the other guys were able to drop them a bit quicker.
Does the game base the difficulty of the enemies on the level of the host or the level of the highest player in the group, everyone has been jumping on me so I've not had a chance to witness how this works first hand.

If we encounter future situations like this then may I suggest that the lower level member dictates were the group goes and not as poor old @Sportsvee encountered the other night ... fancy doing this level on hard hehehehhehe!

Last edited:

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Even if I have to do your comms for you as well..
Yeah my comms worked and then just went silent, couldnt hear you lot at all, next time that happens I may drop group and re-join to see if that cures it....

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Does the game base the difficulty of the enemies on the level of the host or the level of the highest player in the group, everyone has been jumping on me so I've not had a chance to witness how this works first hand.
The only time @Skarpar and I teamed up it was for the first Medical wing mission to rescue the doctor. I was level 5 and he was a 15, the enemies seemed to be level 10 or 11 throughout. Although the level showed for him all I got was a exclamation icon indicating they were too high a level.

I'm guessing it either averages for all players or takes a middle value for the highest and lowest ranked participants. I understand the reasoning behind this but it took all the fun out of teaming up with friends for me because you hardly did any damage and we constantly having to heal up. But others seemingly don't mind this so each to their own as always.

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was slightly disappointed by the random blue and green rewards it gave me for completing the various item collections but I'm probably just being picky/snobby with having a purple gear setup.

The server was slightly glitchy last night, it took it about 20 minutes to register that I'd completed a blue encounter. By the time It registered I was waiting for a yellow one complete.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
have a second character at lvl 4 so I can play with @Bloodfairy.
So when am I going to be doing some cooking expeditions with my erstwhile antipodean sous chef? You seem to be hogging Division at the mo @Sportsvee ?

Or is she out catching criminals whilst all you do is sit in your pants all day shooting looters online.....

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So when am I going to be doing some cooking expeditions with my erstwhile antipodean sous chef? You seem to be hogging Division at the mo @Sportsvee ?

Or is she out catching criminals whilst all you do is sit in your pants all day shooting looters online.....
She got her copy before me. I only got a copy coz I liked what I saw and could team up with the missus.

And I work.....just had 2 weeks off basically. Who wears pants?. But @Bloodfairy should be back online soon to cook shit with you. Fingers crossed this weekend ;)

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Finally managed to buy my first yellow item with phoenix points last night, I went for a pair of Spec Ops Knee Pads which came with a 25% perception talent that awards bonuses to loot and credit gain, it also came with 88% scavenger and 80% kill XP bonuses which came in handy when I finally moved into the dark zone, I left after an hour at level 14. 8-)

I see what they mean about people not really going rouge at the moment, I was shot by someone for fun who left all my gear for me to pickup on my return, even the dropped dark zone credits were still there.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I can't express how much I'm loving this game. I've got 2 characters running and put nearly 40 hours in and would probably be double that if I had more time. There's so many comparisons to Destiny but I think Ubisoft have really learnt from Destiny's mistakes and this is an RPG for adults with plenty to do and a great story. I wonder if I'll ever get bored with shooting the gas canister on Cleaner's backs and watching them blow up? That's enough typing for now...I'm off to clean up New York.:1thumbup:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wonder if I'll ever get bored with shooting the gas canister on Cleaner's backs and watching them blow up?
We just love that, taking on the cleaners and carefully placing shots to pierce the gas canisters - whoosh, boom! It just doesn't get old. :D

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hit level 30 the other night, got my DPS upto 83,000 and still haven't ventured into the dark zone, got stuff left to mop up.
I'm about 245/293 collectables, still have encounters and side missions then main misdions on hard.

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When you finally venture into the DZ it is worth getting your salvaging percentage above 100% (I'm operating at about 146% approx) as this will increase you chance of dropping purple+ gear, as with any game that operates using the roll of a dice drop method this is not a guaranteed method.

I finally got a yellow item to drop in the DZ over the weekend after a group of random players and myself killed a named 31 character, it was only a clip mod for a weapon but it's a start. I've never seen so many people collect a yellow item and then run for it just in case someone gets any roguish intentions.

Found a nice sniper nest in DZ 03 to slowly pick off level 31 yellows, not very safe from your fellow agents should they go rogue but at least the NPC's can't reach you.

Also came across my first set of ******** ******* ****** ***** in the DZ on Sunday, one member of a group kept bouncing in front of my aim hoping to make me rogue so his mates could then pick me off. I did manage to set myself off by accident when some one ran across my path as I unloaded a sub into an enemy npc, they at least let me go.

Despite the odd set of d**k heads there are some very nice agents in the DZ, the majority help each other out....at the moment.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dark zone is a pile of *****ng w*nk. If they don't add anymore co op PVE that's me done.