• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a multi-platform gaming community formed in 2012. We welcome all adults aged 18+ years, we're not specifically for senior citizens! Our name is just to show that we're not for kids.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 The Division open beta.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

JOIN THE DIVISION OPEN BETA STARTING FEBRUARY 18
09/02/2016 09:00 AM

Agents, get ready to enter the brink one last time before launch!

You will be able to experience Tom Clancy’s The Division one last time before launch in an Open Beta starting February 18.Everyone will be able to play for free and without any restrictions, during the following period:

• Xbox One owners will get a 24-hour early access, starting February 18.
  • PS4 & PC players will be able to join in on February 19.
  • The Open Beta will run through February 21, end of the day.

This Open Beta is an invitation to all agents to get one final taste of the game before the official launch on March 8.

Added to the content already seen in the Closed Beta, the Open Beta will include an all new story mission for players to explore in their pursuit to take back New York. As a thank you, everyone who participates will be rewarded with a special in-game reward which will unlock for players when the full game is released.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Will give it a crack, although the review Herman posted on FB said Destiny fans would probably hate it.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
To be honest I prefer it to destiny already lol.
Agreed, the third person view took a little while to get to grips with after moving over from playing destiny but other than that I can't see Destiny fans hating this.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Will give it a crack, although the review Herman posted on FB said Destiny fans would probably hate it.
That was his opinion, If you're used to COD/BF/SWBF/Destiny It may seem a bit slow but it is a tactical game.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Patch notes for Ubisoft’s open beta for the company’s early-March shooter The Division have some good news for those who tried the game’s recent closed beta and saw some flaws in its promising quasi-player-vs-player Dark Zone section.

The notes indicate, among other things, that the Dark Zone will have more enemies and give a little more feedback about which fellow players you should be wary of.

The highlights:

• “Non-Player Enemies in the DarkZone have been significantly increased in number.”
  • “A new warning icon has been added to indicate an Agent who has shot another player but has not done enough damage to go Rogue.”
That should help with the main complaints we and some of you had coming out of that first beta.

To catch those of you up who haven’t played the game, the main part of The Division involves the player patrolling the streets of New York City shortly after a bio-chemical terrorist attack. The streets are fairly empty of civilians, but rioters roam the avenues of Manhattan. As you roam through, you take cover and do a lot of shooting. You can play in co-op and collect loot as you shoot, which is one of the reasons the game is drawing comparisons to Bungie’s popular shooter Destiny.

The most interesting part of The Divisionmay well be the Dark Zone. That area encompasses more treacherous blocks of virtual NYC where players who encounter each other can team up or, if they’re more devious, shoot each other. Shooting other players, rather than helping them, is called going rogue. It triggers a bounty system but also is a risky but rewarding way to grab loot from other players.

You can find out more about that in our impressions of the first beta, but what you’ll also find in various articles and comments sections about The Division are complaints that the Dark Zone was too desolate, too devoid of enemies and was too inscrutable in terms of who was friend or foe. These changes address that.

The open beta starts on February 18 for Xbox One players, a day later for those on PS4 and PC. It’ll run through February 21.

It’s always nice when a beta isn’t just marketing and leads to improvements, no?

Full patch notes below:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've still got the beta on my PS4, It just updated! Eeeeeeeee!

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
With being an open beta I hope the dark zone doesnt get camped by male chickens just trolling.

Looking forward to playing this again thou. Gtreat news that there are more enemies in the DZ hopefully dropping some high level weapons. DZ must be played in teams makes it so much better, had some great battkes in there especially when I dropped back a bit from the team to cover them from rogue players

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have downloaded the beta. Who will be about and when?

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wil, be on later today and most of the evening I think, got couple of ppl who want to give this game a go.

Severs are down at the moment thou

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll hop on for a bit - let me know when suits best. :)

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have downloaded it. Will give it a go later today and tomorrow :D

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
On it now - just replaying the intro.

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just started it up now , anyine else had to create a new agent?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When does the demo expire? As I've still not got round to trying it yet