• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi The Dark Below - Exclusive PlayStation content

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony has confirmed and detailed the exclusive content it's secured for Destiny expansion The Dark Below.

The PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of Bungie's first-person shooter get an exclusive Strike set on Mars called The Undying Mind. This sees players return to The Black Garden to fight a Vex "machine-beast" that has survived for ages. From the image, below, The Undying Mind looks like yet another Vex Hydra enemy type - except this one's gone mouldy.

The PlayStation-exclusive exotic-class weapon is a full-auto arc damage shotgun called The 4th Horseman. It has four barrels, a five shot clip and a super fast fire rate.

It's worth noting that The Undying Mind Strike and The 4th Horseman are timed exclusives until at least autumn 2015, so you'd expect both to arrive on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions around then.

The PS3 and PS4 versions of Destiny already have exclusive content, of course: The Dust Palace Strike, the Exodus Blue PVP map, the Monte Carlo assault rifle and the Hawkmoon hand cannon, among other things.

The Dark Below, which launches on 9th December, costs £19.99 on all platforms, or it's a part of the £34.99 Destiny Expansion Pack.

Source.

So, PS users will get two new strikes with the DLC next week. :)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, yeah. But a second Strike is good news. It's a little more value for money than initially thought. :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So £20 for two strikes and a raid.

This is probably the most overpriced content of all time.....half the price of the game to add approximately a fifth of the amount of original content.....are these guys sponsored by EA?

Annoyingly I'm probably gonna end up getting it anyway.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So £20 for two strikes and a raid.

This is probably the most overpriced content of all time.....half the price of the game to add approximately a fifth of the amount of original content.....are these guys sponsored by EA?

Annoyingly I'm probably gonna end up getting it anyway.
And this is why they keep doing it to you, you complain and whine then slap on the marg and bend over. I mean you will keep telling yourself it's only a bit of dlc and who can put a price on fun, right, but you will know deep down you caved and gave in to corruption and corporate greed. You will look enviously at the glittering lineup of the Sony Christmas sale and wonder at the life you might have had, while you put your hand back in your pocket for the next destiny dlc.

Last edited:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm quite tempted not to get the DLC now. I was going to but the latest update has pissed me off. Got my Hunter to 25 now, once I've maxed her out and got 50 ghosts I might walk away.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will get the DLC at some point. While I agree that it is expensive, you've also got to take in to account the amount of hours play you will get out of it. I would imagine it would be a lot of hours for me, so it will be worth it.

As for Christmas sales etc - nothing else really interests me at the moment. I'm not likely to buy any other games in the near future.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will get the DLC at some point. While I agree that it is expensive, you've also got to take in to account the amount of hours play you will get out of it. I would imagine it would be a lot of hours for me, so it will be worth it.

As for Christmas sales etc - nothing else really interests me at the moment. I'm not likely to buy any other games in the near future.

This ^^^^

IF there was plenty of other games I wanted to play/buy then i'd not get the DLC...But that's not the case and clearly I'm going to get more fun and gaming out of the £20 DLC than I would from most new games anyway.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was debating whether or not I was going to get it, all depending who else is going to be getting it. But by the sounds of things a few of you guys are so that will be a purchase I will have to make. The kids will just have to have one less Christmas present this year :D

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've already purchased it when I got the game so I'm all sorted - roll on the 9th so I can sit and watch the download while everyone else is playing :brick:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm slightly intoxicated so have just bought the season pass before I sobered up and changed my mind. @pede2010 where are you? I'm having to play with myself!

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Live Twitch streams are already starting to popup as teams attempt to be the first to beat the new vault

It's worth noting that this week’s heroic strike will only be available to owners of The Dark Below, and you have to finish all her quests before it becomes available, so get killing!

Don't forget to visit the postmaster

Last edited:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So people that don't have the DLC are getting penalised already? sure that is going down welll. Not that I give a poop as I have already been stupid enough to part with some wine money.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is also a new Strike playlist (level 26, I believe) which is only available with the DLC. Oh, and they've removed the Engram from the level 24 Strike and put it on the 26 one.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So people that don't have the DLC are getting penalised already? sure that is going down welll. Not that I give a poop as I have already been stupid enough to part with some wine money.
Yeah and in response to them penalising me, I'm quite likely to give them more of my money.....nope that doesn't sound likely.

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had a go earlier of some of the new content...what I seen so far was well rehashing of old map but backwards so that was...meh. I'll have to try and get back into it properly - I haven't played destiny in a while, I haven't even done the vault yet, maybe I might get a chance with the senior's as the OAP's just did their own thing :(

But I got Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris today which is really good actually :gamer:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All told i'm unimpressed with the updates from a non-DLC perspective.

They've given you the chance to buy better legendary weapons that have a higher damage output than other legendaries that you can drop....I got a fate bringer in the raid last night and that caps out at 300 damage instead of the new metric.

They've added armour you can buy to get yourself to level 31...which means all 3 of my level 29 characters can now just buy a single armour piece, level it up and be at what used to be an elusive level 30.

Other than that they've taken the weekly strikes off us and removed the rewards from the strike playlists...so it's pretty much pointless playing the bloody thing at least for this week (assuming they've allow us to play weeklies again next week) as all we can do is run the raid or level stuff up.

And just to top it off, we failed to complete the hard raid last night AND I dropped my final armour piece for my Warlock....which is now entirely redundant because I bought a better armour piece.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm disappointed with the size/length of the new missions, within minutes you meet the end of level boss

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm disappointed with the size/length of the new missions, within minutes you meet the end of level boss
Try it on level 30, @pede2010 and I got our arses handed to us when we tried it on the 2nd mission. I think I was level 27 and Ped was level 28. We did it on the lower level and it was a breeze in comparison.

Just to wind @ColSonders up - we did the daily and I got some DLC gauntlets from an engram :D

Definitely overpriced for what you get and what they've done to non DLCers is a bit shitty but most game developers seem to be in the market to shaft you nowadays.

I enjoyed the change last night anyway and the DLC sparrow and Fusion rifle are pretty cool.