Multi The Crew

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ubisoft's version of NFS but in a Fast and Furious style.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I do like the multiplayer implementation in this, looks like a lot of co-op fun.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I hadn't really bothered looking at this as I've totally lost my gaming mojo since I stopped playing Burnout.

Other racing games take themselves too seriously and I find them frustrating to play and generally not much fun compared to blasting at high speed into oncoming traffic sliding around corners with ease.

I thought Need For Speed Most Wanted would fill that void but was disappointed by it for various reasons.

This game however really looks great, a huge area to play in, largely co-op/single player oriented, fun looking car handling and nothing too serious.

I'm really liking the direction this developer is going with their next gen vision, where worlds are filled with real players and single player and co-op are seamlessly integrated.

More of this please.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ubisoft delays The Crew to mid-2014
Release date window for ambitious MMO racer remains unclear

Ubisoft's next-generation online racing game The Crew has been delayed until some time between its second and third calendar quarter of 2014.

This effectively means the game is expected to ship between April and September next year, the publisher has confirmed to CVG.

The MMO racer, developed at France studio Ivory Tower with the help of the UK-based Ubisoft Reflections, was originally set for release within the first three months of 2014. This means that the extent of the delay is unclear.

Ubisoft unveiled The Crew at E3 in June. The game is in development for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

CVG said in its first The Crew preview that the game "already looks more promising than both Sony and Microsoft's flagship next-gen racers".

The Crew features a persistent online world that lets you group up with friends and play as a crew in races and events. A live demonstration at E3 2013 showed an illegal street race taking place across New York's Brooklyn Bridge.

The delay coincides with the announcement that Ubisoft Montreal's open-world action adventure Watch Dogs will not release until Spring 2014.

Source: CVG

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Did anyone try the beta of this recently?? Looking like a must buy for me.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Only just found out about this game! Looks like right up my street.
Wait all year for a decent racer and now 2 turn up at once! Which one looks best though?

SenoirNoNo

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
I have this pre ordered, if anyone wants to crew up add me on PSN

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New beta sign up for next weekend over at Ubisoft.com

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
New beta sign up for next weekend over at Ubisoft.com
Thanks with the whole Driveclub thing going on I think I'll give this a try.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
image.jpg
Am in! Hopefully this will be a better online experience!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah and me. Ubisoft were gutted that they didnt get a more positive response first time around so we're going to be treated to a lot more of the game this time in an attempt to woo us.
Should be good

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I missed it the first time around but i'm quietly hopeful for this even after hearing from a couple of our guys last night that it was shit.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just found my invite to the Beta in my SPAM box.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I missed it the first time around but i'm quietly hopeful for this even after hearing from a couple of our guys last night that it was shit.
I may be wrong about it... (never happened before, but this could be the day!)