PS4 That Damned Cat,

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a teensy weensy problem, my cat has destroyed my ps4 neadset, the one bundled with the ps4, it obviously decided that the bobbly ear piece was fun to bat about and it has succeeded in severing it completely from the connecting wire.

So now I need a new one, or a suitable alternative and so far most of the alternatives seem to be silly money. I wish sony had continued support for bluetooth wireless ear pieces, life would be simple then. I must admit when I first saw the bundled headset I though it wouldnt be long til I broke it, being such a thin cable I envisaged catching it on something and breaking it, didn`t consider feline sabotage.

I want a small simple economic headset solution, one that doesnt make me look like a robotic princess leia, or someone launching fighters off an aircraft carrier.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aren't Sony bringing out an update shortly to support Bluetooth headsets? If so, then can't you for now just pick up a check headphone and mic set? There are a variety of these at cheap prices on Amazon.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have not heard of an update, but maybe those more up to date on these things will know. I will probably get a new headset of some sort, the new comms have been brilliant, really clear, not sure if its the headset, the new hardware or what, but they have been much better than ps3.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, there is an update coming for bluetooth support "soon". Make of that what you will!

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Given your PS4 will still be under warrenty, is there anyway you can get it replaced?

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The headset looks well mangled with the wires shredded in more than one place, I dont think I could claim `reasonable use` under the terms of the sale of goods act.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got an official ps4 headset from shopto for £20. I think its made by madcatz. It works really really well and the quality is pretty smart. It plugs in to your controller, and you can channel all noise (chat and gameplay) to the headset. Best of all, its full compatible with the Vita too

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have discovered that I have a spare headset for my mobile phone, I will see if that works plugged into controller, otherwise I will have to get an proper ps4 compatible one.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It does seem a bit like a Microsoft trick not making the console compatable with Bluetooth headsets in the first place. Are they hoping to sell lots of expensive replacements before complaints about them breaking easily forces them them to make cheaper alternatives compatable?
I am also amazed that CD's and 3D blu rays were not supported at launch. Why the hell not?
Can anyone let me know if the following peripherals work.
Cordless USB keyboards (the ones with dongles)
USB controller in particular Logitec Driving force wheel and Thrustmaster Hotas X flight stick. And what about my Sony PS3 cordless 7.1 suround sound headphones, (also using a USB transmitter) will they currently work?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It does seem a bit like a Microsoft trick not making the console compatable with Bluetooth headsets in the first place. Are they hoping to sell lots of expensive replacements before complaints about them breaking easily forces them them to make cheaper alternatives compatable?
I am also amazed that CD's and 3D blu rays were not supported at launch. Why the hell not?
Can anyone let me know if the following peripherals work.
Cordless USB keyboards (the ones with dongles)
USB controller in particular Logitec Driving force wheel and Thrustmaster Hotas X flight stick. And what about my Sony PS3 cordless 7.1 suround sound headphones, (also using a USB transmitter) will they currently work?
This might help Ace, it's the US PS Forums but shouldn't make too much difference;
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Peripherals-Support/List-of-Compatible-PS3-Accessories-for-PS4-Updated-11-26-2013/td-p/40831841

So your Sony headset should work but only after and update which I don't believe has happened yet.

I was lucky in that my Turtle beach PX3 headset worked with my PS4.