Tesco's search engine

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been checking into prices of GRID 2 in case my game from Zavvi dosen't turn up.
So I go to the tesco's website and type in Grid 2 ,and put in a search :-
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=grid 2&sc_cmp=tescohp_sws-1_grid 2
Tampax, Odour eaters, toothbrushes and Baby cups come up !
How does that work?
So the web designers think , OK we dont have that it stock, lets try to sell them stuff that a typical games player needs, like tampons and foot odour insoles, baby cups and toothbrushes?
This tells me a typical games player is a woman with smelly feet who has a baby and liikes to have nice teeth.
I would have thought they would have been better trying to sell games players, Snack foods, Beer, electrical gadgets and a bucket.
Have you come across any strange search results when looking for games online?

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That's because the results it has displayed are for grip 2, not grid 2.

We did not find any products to match 'grid 2' but we did find the following products for 'grip 2'
So it obviously thinks you have made a spelling mistake and tried to find something similar to search for.
Also you search in groceries and not entertainment, had you done so you would have got this result http://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?searchquery=grid+2&catId=4294967294&sc_cmp=tescohp_sws-1_grid+2

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The official Government website that has to be used by everyone looking for work. Enter insurance underwriter within 45 miles and youll get window cleaner in Falkirk, fork lift truck driver in Wales etc. And its by design that it does this. The dole office said the website will recommend jobs you may be interested in. Do I win £5?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
£22, sounds tempting, If I were on fork lift truck drivers wages I could afford that perhaps I'll do a job search.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, thats the other little gem I forgot to mention. Everyone who is unemployed is required to use & check this website every single day. You are expected to sift through about 800 jobs to find anything actually suitable for you, even vaguely near you. Thing is, this "search engine" does function to an extent, because it doesnt list absolutely every single job in the UK. It just doesnt filter out enough.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, thats the other little gem I forgot to mention. Everyone who is unemployed is required to use & check this website every single day.
I have never been told that. The .gov website is pants and I rarely look on it. The two I mainly use are JobsInKent and Indeed, both of which seem to pick up the jobs on the .gov site anyway. As long as you "prove" that you are looking for work they are happy.