PSVR Tense, tactical PS VR co-op shooter Firewall Zero Hour gets a release date & new trailer

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have the game but no DLC or anything
Cool. The new maps are free.
It's just bonus stuff like cosmetics and more loot from what I've seen & a couple of characters.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've not got it, Dunno when I will get the chance to as I have been in hospital (again) since the 16th. Getting a bit of a joke now to be honest.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@NVranya do you have Firewall?

@Plaxinator if you're interested, we're going to have another session on this on Sunday from around 8-8.30pm (we had our first one last Sunday). There's 5 of us already so with more we could have 2 teams.

@The_Carpet_Frog hope you're out of hospital soon. When you are well enough, it's worth considering Firewall, it's a great game and I think we'll be having regular sessions on this.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I do have it, haven't played it much though.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@NVranya same applies then, if you're interested we're going to have another session on this on Sunday from around 8-8.30pm UK time (so I guess 9-9.30pm your time). There's 5 of us already so with more we could have 2 teams if either you and/or @Plaxinator joined us.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I’ll see if I can join, not sure if my VR box is dead though as I just got a blue or black screen (can’t remember which)when I had the PS4 connected through it. When I just plugged PS4 into the TV it was fine. Will need to check. Also not sure how long I’d last as I vomited the last time I played it

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I’ll see if I can join, not sure if my VR box is dead though as I just got a blue or black screen (can’t remember which)when I had the PS4 connected through it. When I just plugged PS4 into the TV it was fine. Will need to check. Also not sure how long I’d last as I vomited the last time I played it
Probably worth testing with other HDMI cables if this is still happening, I've seen a few posts where the Sony-supplied ones have failed.

As for motion sickness, the best thing with overcoming this is to play for short bursts, say 20-30 mins if you can manage that (or less if you can't). Do that say once or twice a day for a couple of weeks or so and that should help improve your PSVR tolerance. Also ginger biscuits and/or ginger tea will help alleviate the sickness.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This weekend is definitely the weekend to play Firewall again or for the first time - it's a double XP weekend and a free trial weekend too. Plus the new operator is coming the week after.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We seem to be having some more regular sessions on Firewall - Sundays from 8pm plus now Fridays from 8.30pm. We also have one tonight (Wednesday) from 8.30pm that could become regular too (we'll see how it goes).

@NVranya and @Plaxinator if you're interested in joining us you'd be welcome. :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Probably worth testing with other HDMI cables if this is still happening, I've seen a few posts where the Sony-supplied ones have failed.

As for motion sickness, the best thing with overcoming this is to play for short bursts, say 20-30 mins if you can manage that (or less if you can't). Do that say once or twice a day for a couple of weeks or so and that should help improve your PSVR tolerance. Also ginger biscuits and/or ginger tea will help alleviate the sickness.
I’ve changed HDMI cable and everything is now working through the VR box again.
Also I’m home alone for at least an hour from now as I’ve sent Mr Plax & baby Plax out to town to run some errands (that sounds soooo American). Hence comandeering living room telly to test VR. I’m going to play some VR now if anyone is about and would like to kill an hour in my delightful company. @Martok @zoob @NVranya @HERMAN_JELMET

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I’ve changed HDMI cable and everything is now working through the VR box again.
Also I’m home alone for at least an hour from now as I’ve sent Mr Plax & baby Plax out to town to run some errands (that sounds soooo American). Hence comandeering living room telly to test VR. I’m going to play some VR now if anyone is about and would like to kill an hour in my delightful company. @Martok @zoob @NVranya @HERMAN_JELMET
Sorry I missed this @Plaxinator - just home from work. How did it go?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this @Plaxinator - just home from work. How did it go?
Well I couldn’t play Firewall Zero as planned as there was an update required (so network features would have been disabled if I booted it up). I did play Star Trek Bridge Crew though and got a trophy, so not all bad. Also didn’t vomit, but never felt ill with this game anyway. I think it’s the games with a lot of motion that do me in. Anyway, Firewall patch has now been downloaded, but I’ve moved the PS4 back into the bedroom 😂

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well I couldn’t play Firewall Zero as planned as there was an update required (so network features would have been disabled if I booted it up). I did play Star Trek Bridge Crew though and got a trophy, so not all bad. Also didn’t vomit, but never felt ill with this game anyway. I think it’s the games with a lot of motion that do me in. Anyway, Firewall patch has now been downloaded, but I’ve moved the PS4 back into the bedroom 😂
I still need to give that a whirl (Bridge Crew). I did run through the tutorials but that's been it so far.