Reaction score
Mine either but I don't have the latest android version on it

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm on 4.0.4

So that's ICS.

I think it also checks screen size as it's designed for big fat hefty tablets....not something I own or see the point in personally. But I did want to see if tapatalk was worth spending money on since I now have internet that works while i'm on the move.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Feck, I was certain I'd replied to this thread. Anyhows, I have decided to buy it and I'm slightly disappointed with it. I can get on Hope and Cycle Chat just fine but it's not letting me log in to SNR. It's saying my log in is incorrect (like as if I've logged into this site now haven't I). Now apparently I have attempted logging in too many times and in addition to my log in info I have to do this CHAPTHA thing which doesn't show up on my phone. Can't say Tapatalk has bowled me away so far. Convo does the job just as well and lets you log onto SNR just fine.

EDIT - alright I'm going to stop sulking now. I logged out of SNR on the web/PC and logged back in and did the CAPTHblah thing on the PC and then logged in with the Tapatalk account on my phone and it is now working fine.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Must only be compatible with large screen devices

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tapatalk have announced the pricing for Tapatalk HD for Android:

Tapatalk said:
- We will be releasing final 1.0 to Google Play with launch price of $0.99 on Jan 14. You will be receiving notification from this app when we have released it so you can go ahead to purchase it at this special price
  • Jan 15: $2.99
  • Jan 16: $4.99 (Final price)
As you have followed us in past few years, we have rarely done any discount so please take advantage of this special launch pricing. The final price of $4.99 is inline with what we are offering on the iPad side and we feel this is a great price considering the amount of engineering work and what you are getting on this very niche product that serve your need very well.

During this month we will be upgrading (majority of ) your Tapatalk ID status to VIP, While there is no specific VIP feature in this HD app, you will be able to enjoy all in-app purchase for free our other apps such as Tapatalk 2 for Android and the original Tapatalk for iOS.

There is one thing we are not able to achieve in this 1.0 is the swipe to hide the left navigation bar due to the code complexity to change and the regression issues it introduces - we have moved this item to our next major revision (1.1 perhaps?) as soon as we feel it is ready.
So if you're going to purchase this, best grab it on release day.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Today's the day people only 99p for Tapatalk HD

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
Today's the day people only 99p for Tapatalk HD
Picked up my copy.

Shame that they translated $0.99 to 99p. I assume they will do the same with the other pricing, so definitely worth picking it up today at this price.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just curious as to what you guys are installing this on?

It's designed for tablets and it didn't work with my phone because of the physical screen size on the phone.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ColSonders said:

It's designed for tablets and it didn't work with my phone because of the physical screen size on the phone.
I've installed it on a Nexus 7 tablet.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Martok said:
ColSonders said:

I've installed it on a Nexus 7 tablet.
Same as Marlo

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It seems that the developers have made the decision not to implement pull support for notifications in Tapatalk HD for Android. The app only uses push support, which requires forum Admins to implement this on their forums. As this requires modding core forum files, many Admins simply won't do this. We won't be doing this on these forums because the developers won't submit their mod to the phpBB mod team, who check every submitted mod to make sure it is safe and meets standards.

This means that you won't receive notifications (eg for subscribed topics or PMs) from this forum or many forums when using Tapatalk HD for Android.

So you may want to stick with standard Tapatalk until the developers change their mind and add pull support for notifications if this is important to you.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
It was 99p and if they add it = winning ;)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes, it was that price but that was only on release day. It's now £1.99 and will likely go up more in the coming days if the pricing in my previous post is stuck to.

I'd say for anyone who didn't buy it at 99p, don't bother at the moment, stick with/buy the standard Tapatalk app instead.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Latest version of the standard Tapatalk has a new look youtube integration, it's very slick and has all the need options for full screen and quality. Just noticed it today so thought I would share it with you lot.