• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Sun 23 Feb 20:30] Battlefield 4 Sunday

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Another Sunday, another evening on the Battlefield.

We'll determine the maps played (Vanilla, DLC) on the night depending on who turns up.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wife at work, home alone, I'm looking forward to this :)

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well for me that was a real topsey turvey night! Coms went out the window straight away when an error came up saying something or other, I could hear one member but not the other, then after a little while I got booted from the party and I couldn't get back in! Not only that my headset just refused to work again?..quite wired really

But the worst thing for me, metro! I loved this map as I said earlier, but I can't kill shit on it anymore!
I've no idea as to why though,
It's not as if I ain't throwing loads of grenades or firing into the dark down the passages or even shooting guys point blank! I just wern't getting kills or even assists
The last game, we played Caspian and done ok so looking forward to metro, got points for base A & B, ran straight into an enemy and killed him, and that was that! My only points for the rest if the game were from ammo re supply!

1 kill - 25 deaths or so, I even quit and started again after around 12 minutes and got an instant kill but again that was the only one

The next map was firestorm and I managed to rattle off 18 kills for which I was more than happy with..go figure that one

Life sux in the French underground right now

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I enjoyed it but wasn't really in the right frame of mind.
Comms were an issue and a couple of times we all got booted. The last time I turned the PS4 off for a while before trying and finally getting into a new party. Seems we have new gremlins in the system.

Metro is a bit of a B to the Itch at the moment but at least Im consistant and keep to the losing team no matter where we start on that map.

Was good to see everyone, yes even you Col, and now I must depart for a nana nap.

Catch you all again soon.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I didnt enjoy the last few games I played in last night, it was more work than fun, I reached a point where i just quit. Metro is deadly dull, a long corridor of attrition, great for points but not much else going for it. It didnt help that I was on earlier, by the time most of the room logged in I had already been round the map rotation and there is only so much of the same thing you take in one weekend.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I didn't enjoy last night either. There were problems with party chat and it kept dropping people and giving errors. Second Assault is OK but I really don't like Operation Metro on 64 players. After another drubbing on that map and being dropped from party chat again, I logged off.

Personally I'd like to play some more China Rising and vanilla maps. I'm rather enjoying China Rising and the vanilla maps are still quite new to me. Playing on US East Coast servers also makes a big difference - the EU ones seem to have a problem as they are all showing with a ping of 1 bar whereas the US onces have 4 bars.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I do like Metro. Even thought I'm not that good at it, I kind of enjoy all the gun blazing chaos. MG4 with dark vision is a beast :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think it was Saturday when I had a strop and left. I couldn't get back into the comms and kept dying. So to save my temper (which is extremely short at the moment) and controller I left. I did play commander though, I managed to get in the same game as you guys but couldn't see what squad you were all in so I just jumped between the ones I thought you might be in. Did you see me and was I any help or just as useless as the rest of the commanders we seem to get?

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Metro. Never liked it on PS3, no better on PS4 either. To linear, no options to skip round the chaos and and attack from the rear. It was one of the main reasons I stopped playing BF3, can't see why some people loved it - but then I am a cock!

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Towards the end of my bf3 days metro is all I played, loved it and starting to love it again
Not quite as much as I thought I would
Caspian border is my fave 2nd assault, Silk Road my fave china rising and Zavod my fave vanilla

Why vanilla, I love vanilla ice cream but I get the feeling it's called vanilla cos they are old and boring!

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Vanilla, as in original and ordinary, everyone has them - not necessarily boring :)

I want Road to Jalalabad!