• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Sun 20 Apr 20:30] Battlefield Sunday - Squad Deathmatch

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Right, something different for this one!

If we can get enough people, we'll find an empty Squad Deathmatch server and have 2 (or more) squads running around shooting each other. The maps will be smaller, with less people, so hopefully the lag won't be as bad.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Awesome, I love a bit of squad deathmatch. Going to polish the shotgun ready, and sharpen my knife!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Good games tonight peeps. Hope you didn't mind my other mates gate crashing, but I'm sure you'll agree they were a good laugh and Sav & Rav can be a bit of a riot.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What happened to Deathmatch?
I did enjoy it though and even the folks had a laugh so thank you guys.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What happened to Deathmatch?
I did enjoy it though and even the folks had a laugh so thank you guys.
We jumped into a Squad Deathmatch server earlier, I think Givvi captured some footage to show you what you missed out on.

Whilst squad deathmatch was a good idea (less players = less lag in theory) you need the numbers to get the room going so we jumped onto Obliteration, which mostly seemed quite lag/rubberband free, it's just the 64 player stuff that suffers from really bad rubber banding.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Even I could have told you 64 was bad, 32 gooder.
I got some footage of that monkey dude dying but can't share it with Facebook for some reason. Work in progress.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately we didn't have the numbers for Squad Death Match, but the games on Obliteration were great fun - which was the point of trying SDM. So it was all good!

It was especially funny listening to @Plaxinator's growing appreciation for Guerrilla Salami. :lol:

It was a great night with no / little rubber banding. :2thumbsup:

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was out getting semi-drunk with wife and friends, so I couldn't participate. It was great fun, so it's okay with me that you didn't play SDM... (This kind of misleading "argument" got a really fancy name that I can't recall right now.) see you guys soon :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry guys I'm not sure what I did Sunday night but I'm sure I was on the PS4 :-\

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry didnt appear! Had a few things on besides the rubber band shit is getting me down

Not sure its 64 players fault so much, I don't really understand what is going on but I stumbled across another 5 test servers running various matches, mainly conquest but at least one carrier assault
I played for around 40 mins earlier with 64 players and it was nigh on perfect! Totally playable
Don't know what the difference is though but you can't save these to you favs unfortunatly

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Hondavee4 I've also noticed you can't favourite the test servers.

Outside of the test servers, which are clearly different to the usual ones, but now sport varying DLC's and map rotations (although I thought they were all on the Conquest Large game mode) the game seems to suffer from really bad rubber banding only on the large game modes (conquest/carrier assault), particularly on the NS DLC, but various other maps are particularly prone to it, these are the maps they are now rotating on the test servers.

Naval Strike with 64 players suffers from rubber banding 100% of the time for me, to the point that it's unplayable. However if you switch to a game mode with only 32 or less players, even on Naval Strike the rubber banding is almost gone.

My advice would be to stay clear of the 64 player servers and play some Obliteration, Team Deathmatch and Domination until they do their server upgrades to fix the issues (which is why the test servers are running the bad maps I'm guessing, so they can spec the servers up). Annoyingly they haven't put some of their servers onto the normal Conquest game mode with 32 players as that would be a great temporary fix.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I did play naval strike earlier too on the test server and that ran perfect too even with a full house, did notice dice now saying they will refresh servers every few weeks, I'd of thought they already do it but obviously not

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Spoke too soon! Played lost islands earlier and it was perfect for the 1st 15 mins but then slowly but surely the lag started and got worse until the end I ws glad it was over