• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Sun 13 Apr 10:00] Something Old School!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Heading up to my folks this evening for a weekend of 52" 3D movie watching & then a spot of gaming when the SO heads to bed/goes to work on Sunday.

I need to vacate the premises before the parents arrive home but should be online sharp.

I've got a stack of games with me, my headset, etc, so if anybody is free then holler & we'll take it from there.

Cheers,
Rhuari

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Isn't 10am a wee bit early?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Unless I manage to drink a whole bottle of vodka myself (feasable) on top of whatever pints I quaff in the Meadows tomorrow afternoon, I will be up and online.

Just pop online when u can!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Alright, I shall be about at some point. What do ya fancy? More Dead Nation or Mass Effect 3 or summat? Oi @mick, you up for gracing us with your presence?

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Plaxinator I should be around on Sunday but not sure how long for. Monster in law had a stroke 2 weeks ago and the other half has been staying there since but she is coming home on sunday so I got to go and pick her up. If I have whatever you decide on playing then count me in.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
20140411_233030.jpg
In terms of multiplayer, this is the selection of disc based games I brought with me. Dead Nation etc live on HDD so Aye to both of those @Plaxinator though ME3 definitely better with more folks so probably Dead Nation or possibly a bit of GTA5 co-op pre next meet?

If @mick is around, then see what he has?

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Out of those in your pic... BF3, D3, RDR, TLOU, U3 and also Dead Nation but thats 2 player isnt it?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Indeed it is @mick

We'll what is happening on Sunday.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Out of those in your pic... BF3, D3, RDR, TLOU, U3 and also Dead Nation but thats 2 player isnt it?
BF3, RDR, U3 multiplayer (free with PS+ presume it will still work and let me play with retail peeps), Dead Nation is what we all have in common then.

Others from your disc collection @zoob RE5, GTA V, NFSMW, LBP, Dead space 2

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
BF3, RDR, U3 multiplayer (free with PS+ presume it will still work and let me play with retail peeps), Dead Nation is what we all have in common then.

Others from your disc collection @zoob RE5, GTA V, NFSMW, LBP, Dead space 2
Multiplayer for U3 works but last time I tried, the co-op didn't, which is a shame.

Oh & I'd forgotten I had left these bad boys here for proper 3d play:
20140412_104444.jpg
Time to pop home for my steering wheel, Move controllers & f/gun attachments. Wool grab Killzone 3 too. It is awesome in 3d!

(A wee 12 mile round trip - completely justify me sitting on my arse for rest of weekend! )

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've got Motorstorm Apocalypse from those. Would need to re-download it though.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I keep forgetting how bad ass MotorStorm Apocalypse is when played properly - ie on a 50" 3D TV with the volume pumping!

Oopsies - didn't make it off the sofa!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry @zoob having a bit of a lazy morning. Going play a spot of guitar then might be on a bit later.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No worries @Plaxinator - trying to finish Apocalypse as Tyler, may check out GTA5 for a bit then toddle home if @mick isn't online by then.

Sundays are meant to be lazy!

Ps spotted that Bob Dylan is the next DLC for Rocksmith.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No worries @Plaxinator - trying to finish Apocalypse as Tyler, may check out GTA5 for a bit then toddle home if @mick isn't online by then.

Sundays are meant to be lazy!

Ps spotted that Bob Dylan is the next DLC for Rocksmith.
Dylan's Knocking on Heavens door is on Rocksmith 2014. Think I might actually get the Dylan song pack as he's a legend. Shame they don't branch out to more country/folk/blues type stuff as I'm more interested in playing that kind of stuff (despite being an 80s Rock chick at heart). Johnny Cash. I would so buy that DLC, even if they did the 9 inch nails "Hurt".

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I want to be able to pick up & jam with the local folk session, so hearing you there @Plaxinator & no worries @mick - managed to do the medium Apocalypse campaign & start on the hard one, get a few games of GTA5 Online in plus complete a fair chunk of Thieves in Time.