• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Strikes & Raids

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Although new to the group if you see im online and you need assistance filling a fireteam to do a strike or a raid pls feel free to send me an invite and/or message and ill help out if i can. I play almost every evening, i currently have a lvl 28 titan, lvl 22 warlock & most the impressive, a lvl 2 hunter.
i have only managed to pick up 1 piece of raid gear so far so am happy to take part in raids to get the set.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Are you free tonight? I have only really done single player and a couple of boss levels. I really need to get my hands on some new armour and guns.

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @Jkrohn1 yes I'll be on at some point, usually fron 9ish or if I'm lucky 8ish. I may get called away to do the raid but please feel free to add me and jump in.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is anyone available to do either a nightfall or the raid tonight (26 version) as I've a character who needs to do both and want to have them done before the reset, i'll be on from about 20:00 until late.

If we get the numbers I'll say preference for the raid otherwise the nightfall if people are interested.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive done the raid finally. Wouldn't mind attempting the NightFall. Got some Legendary gear gunwise now.

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've nothing else to do @Skarpar just send us an invite mate. Happy to help.

Maybe we can get 6 snr players for the trophy too

Last edited:

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive gotten lucky this week, Tuesday I collected Aetheons Epilogue from the Lvl 26 raid & last night I got the Vex Mythocast AND Fatebringer from one run on the lvl 30.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I keep getting shite with my Titan. Last 2 raids all I got was energy, shards and a Found Verdict shotgun. Got 3 of the effers now.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better i've done 10 raids with my titan and only just got my second raid piece.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive gotten lucky this week, Tuesday I collected Aetheons Epilogue from the Lvl 26 raid & last night I got the Vex Mythocast AND Fatebringer from one run on the lvl 30.
You managed to finish last night then? Any different tactics you used to get past the templar after I had to leave? The question is: what did Scooby get as he needs both of them?

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I used to be friends with Scooby, he got nothing again, a chest piece he already had.
We get a couple more bods, both 30. We finished it about35/40 mins. We took the Templar out from the ledge just sent one down to deal with the back two oracles that can't be seen from the ledge. The Aetheon fight felt like a 26 run, it only took 2 attempts and that was because the 1st run glitched.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So for the Templar fight with the relic, do the oracles appear in different positions to the oracle section just before that?

If not, all the oracles can be taken out from the ledge....is it possible to get back over to the starting ledge with the relic? If so it should be loads easier.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think so. @Jousting tried to come and revive me following a disconnect on Monday night, but couldn't get back up on to the ledge.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is it plausible for just a single person to go down and grab the relic though?

Maybe hide out in the spirit bloom chest room if things get hairy...blast the shield down on the templar and let the rest of the team do the damage from up top...hopefully the enemies wouldn't simply overrun the relic holder but would target the rest of the team too.

Worth a try? has anyone tried this sort of tactic? I know if the oracles are in the same position we can definitely take them out from up top so no need to worry about getting marked.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It sounds reasonable, but I haven't tried it. It's worth trying next time we do a normal raid.

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@ColSonders The easiest method is send one Lvl 30 down, preferably a warlock. Using the relic to take down harpies is easy, and get the two back oracles , don't even bother trying to stop the teleport.
@DrewePeacock i didn't really sell it but it is very easy to get back to the ledge, but it is also very easy not to :) the Templars shots would kill us while we were shooting oracles so best to send one down.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've currently got all 3 charaters, on the lvl 30 raid, at atheon (final stage) that I want to complete before the reset, this is to have three chances at the Mythoclass, so if anyone is on I want to do the three runs on Monday hoping to start for about 19:00 - I'd prefer a group where everyone stays for the three runs (you're welcome to swap characters too), has lvl 30s and max weapons (for ease).

Anyone interested? Happy to start earlier/later if needs be but I won't be on too late (midnight at the latest) as I need to be up first thing for a delivery on Tuesday.

Alternatively (or aswell), I want to get a regular group to run the lvl 30 raid so that everyone can get a mythoclass (who want it), along with a regular supply of ascendent materials - this will be intended to run until everyone has the exotic, possibly longer if the need for ascendants remains. Dependant on individual wants/needs this can be a single run up to atheon then get the final checkpoint on multiple chars before finally killing him.

Cliff notes version:
1: Have all 3 charaters at atheon on lvl 30 raid and want to complete all 3 before the reset.

2: Anyone want to help, will be on until midnight.

3: Offer for regular hard mode run for exotic/ascendent materials to allow everyone to get a mythoclass - completing the full run only once before swapping out charaters at atheon to have a checkpoint on all charaters availible.

edit: reworded parts and added Cliff notes

Last edited:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've currently got 3 checkpoints for atheon (final stage) that I want to complete before the reset to have a chance at the Mythoclass so if anyone is on I want to do the three runs on Monday hoping to start for about 19:00 - I'd prefer a group where everyone stays for the three runs (you're welcome to swap characters too), has lvl 30s and max weapons (for ease).

Anyone interested? Happy to start earlier/later if needs be but I won't be on too late (midnight at the latest) as I need to be up first thing for a delivery on Tuesday.

Alternatively (or aswell), I want to get a regular group to run the lvl 30 raid so that everyone can get a mythoclass (who want it), along with a regular supply of ascendent materials - this will be intended to run until everyone has the exotic, possibly longer if the need for ascendants remains. Dependant on individual wants/needs this can be a single run up to atheon then get the final checkpoint on multiple chars before finally killing him.
I don't know what you just said, but if you're stuck I have a 30 Warlock, 29 Titan and 28 Hunter. None of my weapons are maxed tho as I did the Xur upgrade thingy on them.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't know what you just said, but if you're stuck I have a 30 Warlock, 29 Titan and 28 Hunter. None of my weapons are maxed tho as I did the Xur upgrade thingy on them.
I rephrased it so it may be easier to read.

Cheers for the offer @Plaxinator and you're welcome to come but your hunter is definately too low (titan is low but doable - preference is full lvl 30 party, min), and upgraded weapons from Xur will be fine as they are automatically above 300 attack (previous max level)