The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 Stoopid Idea

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by mick, 22 Mar 2013.

1. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Why do I have to have a 2gig patch (which I presume is DLC) when I dont even have the DLC. I wouldnt mind so much but I had to download and install it 5 times as I kept getting an error @ 15% when installing.

It did piss me off somewhat :brick: by the time it had done I turned it off and went to bed ;) :lol:

2. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I feel your pain, I have the same issues with Need For Speed Most Wanted....every time I turn it on i'm expected to download 2gb or more, which is DLC that I am not purchasing.

The reason you have to do this is because if you are playing online against someone that HAS got the dlc then your system needs to be able to cope with whatever DLC that person is using.

In BF3 this means that if you have no DLC but I have ALL of it then your machine needs to be able to handle all of the extra weapons/character models/camo etc that I have available to me that you don't have.

Doesn't make it any less annoying though, at least you can decline the install and play offline if you want.

3. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Yeah is a bit annoying as I was in the mood for dieing a lot last night :lol:
    Perhaps they should have seperated the extra vehicles/weapons etc from the maps as they are probably what makes the d/l so big.

4. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    That's the thing...the new maps and new vehicles are linked to each other, it's weapons and camo that transfer over and I think that's it. These patches will do other things too for sure, but content wise that's all that needs to be catered for.

5. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Have you downloaded it then? If you fancy a game of BF3 with me tonight let me know. I will protect you, honest :)
    It's far more fun dying with friends than dying alone after all.

6. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Yeah I did get it done, if Im on I may do, i`ll send you a msg. Not sure what time as im off to pick up the dragon-in-law from the `ospital in a minute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice