Star Trek Continues - the web series

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Some of you may have noticed that I am a bit of a fan of Star Trek. :lol:

Anyway, I recently found out about Star Trek Continues, a new web series that is true to the original series (TOS).

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/

TOS was originally a 5 year mission for the crew of the Starship Enterprise. Sadly the series was cancelled after 3 years due to a drop in ratings, not helped by the fact that the network kept changing the broadcast time and ended up putting it on at later times against high-rating shows.

The web series starts where TOS left off. It's filmed in 4:3 to keep the authenticity and framing of TOS. The sets and uniforms etc replicate this too.

There are some vignettes to get folk ready for the new episodes:

Turnabout Intruder

This vignette expands the ending of the final episode of the original series, "Turnabout Intruder", as it leads into the 4th year of the 5-year mission.

You've Got The Conn

Volunteering for Night Shift leads to fun for three crewmen who are interrupted by an unexpected Captain Kirk.
Happy Birthday, Scotty

When the Enterprise receives a delivery from Starfleet, Scotty introduces some new technology to Kirk and McCoy.

The first full episode has just been released:

Pilgrim Of Eternity

Apollo returns to wreak havoc on Kirk and the Enterprise in the first episode of the new series.

Enjoy. :D

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll have to check it out. Looks promising although I can't help thinking I'll just be comparing them to all the original characters.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sounds like a load of TOS :D

kencanvey

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Very good first episode !!! the characters work well and are not far off the originals ... although Kirk sounds a bit ... well you know !! soft!!! apart from that most enjoyable and I hope it continues.